Wiki Posts
Search

Phantom duplicate seat

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Phantom duplicate seat

Back in April, I purchased a Basic ticket ACK - RSW for myself with the funds immediately taken from my travel bank. Also paid for seat selection on each segment. However...

To my horror, when I checked just now to add a bag fee, and upgrade the second segment to EMS, there are two​​​​ seats showing: the original (correct) one, plus another with no seat assigned (phantom). Trying to pick an EMS seat for an extra fee results in the system trying to do so for the phantom only.

Anyone else in this pickle? Advice???

(I double checked the original purchase, and I did not buy two as a mistake)
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yep. You'll have to get this resolved either on the phone or at the airport. I tried to pick a seat once, it didn't work, so I picked another seat, and by the time I called in, I had 4 concurrent seat assignments that they had to untangle. I don't think it will let you check in if left unresolved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.