Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-MIA in Mint

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

LAX-MIA in Mint

Hi everyone. Hope can get some advice. They have mint tickets for one way at $514. Should I book this price or can I expect any price drops? Any advice would help. Looking for around June 2021. And if I should book, when should I get my tickets now or wait?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:20 am

Those seem like pretty good pricing. They haven't been cutting on this route at all. So it's probably not a bad time to book.
cmd320 and SFO777 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Use Google Flights to keep track of pricing patterns and drops. Mint sales were pretty good a few months ago with great pricing...Then air travel started to pick up. I'm noticing that the Mint flights aren't deeply discounted like there were 2-3 months ago. I have my eyes on Aug LAS to JFK Mint flight as I'm waiting for the price to drop. I already picked up the JFK to LAS. The price went up by $100 last week

Jetblue has eliminated change/cancel fees for their flights (I'm not sure if this includes basic though). You can always book and if the price drops, rebook and get travel credit.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
At $514 I'd probably buy it. There is a small chance it may go down ~$25-50, there is a high chance it will go up a few hundred.
Brandinho1 and Often1 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Use Google Flights to keep track of pricing patterns and drops. Mint sales were pretty good a few months ago with great pricing...Then air travel started to pick up. I'm noticing that the Mint flights aren't deeply discounted like there were 2-3 months ago. I have my eyes on Aug LAS to JFK Mint flight as I'm waiting for the price to drop. I already picked up the JFK to LAS. The price went up by $100 last week

Jetblue has eliminated change/cancel fees for their flights (I'm not sure if this includes basic though). You can always book and if the price drops, rebook and get travel credit.
I think this is what I’m going do to and just change if it drops. Thank you so much for everyone responding. Appreciate it.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There was a price-match sale for $439 a month ago but I doubt that both AA and B6 would implement a sale with demand for travel picking up in the USA.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:53 am

Those Mint flights jumped up again by $200 within the past 2 hrs. I wouldn't wait. Again, you can always rebook for a price drop. I bought my flight at $481 and now it's $781
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:12 am

Wow... all the mint seats jumped $200 for a year from now for some reason....
I will wait a few weeks as more competition comes online... (I can.. if I want to right now, get a Delta One redeye for 800..... where Jetblue wants 1081.. )
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Michael Swanson
Wow... all the mint seats jumped $200 for a year from now for some reason....
I will wait a few weeks as more competition comes online... (I can.. if I want to right now, get a Delta One redeye for 800..... where Jetblue wants 1081.. )
I was thinking about doing the Delta One to/from Vegas but declined when I heard about the lack of full inflight service due to COVID. Comparing the Delta One vs Mint, Delta is $642 and Jetblue is $781 currently from JFK
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:06 pm

nice..

and now all the mint seats are gone from LAX to Miami/FLL.. all "sold out"...
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

That’s weird. When I looked yesterday I noticed a lot of empty mint seats on random days. Is JetBlue just deciding to cancel mint for now?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

And noticed they all have stops in JFK. No non stop
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:01 pm

I noticed that too. I've been on hold with Jetblue for the past 30 min now. None of the Mint seats are showing up on Jetblue. When you use Google Flights and have the filter of Jetblue, nonstop, business - American Ailrines flights pop up

I looked at my record locator for my Mint JFK to LAS flight and my flight remains untouched. Very weird as it says sold out online, but all of the Mint Seats on my flight is available except for the one that I'm in. I'm praying that they are just doing some housecleaning with their system and this doesn't foreshadow huge equipment changes.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

I’m online with JetBlue chat asking same thing. This is what I’m being told

“Schedule changes are an inherent part of the airline industry. The need for these changes has to do with congested airspace in the busiest airports, as well as available gates for each airline. Adjustments need to be made periodically due to this and many other variables.”
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:11 pm

Ok, so it turns out that there is an issue with Mint bookings. IT team is aware and they said that this should be fixed by tonight. The CSR rep also said that there is going to be a huge schedule change with flights tonight. So everyone stay tuned and fingers crossed that the damage is minimal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.