Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Bank Credit Expiry

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
No, you'd just lose it if you cancelled after the credit expires because only cash payments get the option of receiving travel bank credit for cancelling. I'd imagine if you book and then call to cancel, they might be able to manually issue you a new credit if you asked, given the current times, but it would be outside of policy for them to do so.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 8:00 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by diburning
No, you'd just lose it if you cancelled after the credit expires because only cash payments get the option of receiving travel bank credit for cancelling. I'd imagine if you book and then call to cancel, they might be able to manually issue you a new credit if you asked, given the current times, but it would be outside of policy for them to do so.
But do you have to cancel, can you just change?
No change fees (other than fare difference) for flights booked before Feb 28, so if you can change O/D and dates, your best bet for now is to book something at end of schedule, and then change to something else as your plans solidify. Should allow you use the credit until early summer 2022

No guarantee they will extend it, see Margarita Girls post.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 8:02 pm
soy

duplicate
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by soy
But do you have to cancel, can you just change?
No change fees (other than fare difference) for flights booked before Feb 28, so if you can change O/D and dates, your best bet for now is to book something at end of schedule, and then change to something else as your plans solidify. Should allow you use the credit until early summer 2022

No guarantee they will extend it, see Margarita Girls post.
Yes, you can change the dates and flights, but you'd have to pay the fare difference. As far as changing the O/D you'll probably have to call in to do it, and it might take some time if it involves a ticket reissue. Also, the way the policy is worded is that change fees are waived through Feb 28, not that bookings made before Feb 28 get indefinite free changes.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:50 am
Suspended

I am looking to extend the expiration date of my Travelbank Credit as well. Is there a way to purchase miles with it?
How about I buy a fully refundable flight that I can change for free much later than the credit expiration date?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:34 pm
soy

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I am looking to extend the expiration date of my Travelbank Credit as well. Is there a way to purchase miles with it?
How about I buy a fully refundable flight that I can change for free much later than the credit expiration date?
I had credit expiring this month, so I booked a trip for next Sept. It remains to be seen if I will be able to travel in Sept (due to other travel I hope to take in 2021), but as its a destination that I expect to go to at some stage in the next 18mths, my plan will be to change dates if needed closer to Sept.

Flights booked pre Feb get 1 free change, so not sure its worth paying a premium to get a fully refundable fare. Since your TB will be past expiry by the time you go to change it, refund will not be an option, only changes.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:42 pm

I had some credits expire yesterday and some more expiring today. I tried out the Apple Business Chat option on their Contact Us page. The agent reinstated the expired credit and pushed them both out to 6/30/2021.
opus2002 and joachimm like this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by rcw70
I had some credits expire yesterday and some more expiring today. I tried out the Apple Business Chat option on their Contact Us page. The agent reinstated the expired credit and pushed them both out to 6/30/2021.
Wow. That is great. I got credits expiring 12/31/2020.

Any other data points of agent pushing out expiration dates to 6/30/2021 or some other dates?
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by opus2002
Wow. That is great. I got credits expiring 12/31/2020.

Any other data points of agent pushing out expiration dates to 6/30/2021 or some other dates?
Mine expired couple of days ago. I actually thought the expiration was the end of the year and didn't realize until last night.
Tried the chat function from the app and was told that since they expired they can only be reinstated with a two-week expiration so went with that option.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:24 pm

Mine expire on the 7th of January 2021.
Called and they would only extend 2 weeks as well.

Oh well. She did say that as long as it's BOOKED before they expire (currently she said schedule goes to September 2021) it can be used.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Yes, you can change the dates and flights, but you'd have to pay the fare difference. As far as changing the O/D you'll probably have to call in to do it, and it might take some time if it involves a ticket reissue. Also, the way the policy is worded is that change fees are waived through Feb 28, not that bookings made before Feb 28 get indefinite free changes.

Is this the wording you are referring to (from https://www.jetblue.com/travel-alerts) : I Need To Travel (New Bookings)
"Book a new flight through February 28, 2021 and fees will be waived if you change or cancel. If you choose to rebook, you can do so on any flight through the end of our schedule. Fare difference may apply.."

It then says:
"Rebookings are permitted during the corresponding booking window; after the corresponding booking window, only the first rebooking will be eligible under this policy, and will be subject to the fare rules and Contract of Carriage in effect at time of this rebooking."

I would assume if you booked by February 28 you could then change/cancel for free (even if you do so after February 28), but then you could no longer do that a second time

Can someone confirm?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:56 am
soy

Originally Posted by lordvaderman
Is this the wording you are referring to (from https://www.jetblue.com/travel-alerts) : I Need To Travel (New Bookings)
"Book a new flight through February 28, 2021 and fees will be waived if you change or cancel. If you choose to rebook, you can do so on any flight through the end of our schedule. Fare difference may apply.."
It then says:
"Rebookings are permitted during the corresponding booking window; after the corresponding booking window, only the first rebooking will be eligible under this policy, and will be subject to the fare rules and Contract of Carriage in effect at time of this rebooking."

I would assume if you booked by February 28 you could then change/cancel for free (even if you do so after February 28), but then you could no longer do that a second time

Can someone confirm?
This is how I read it - you get one free change/cancel for any flight booked before Feb 28th (subject to any fare differences)
Remains to be seen if there will be another change to policy as we close in on Feb 28
Old Feb 15, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Just tried to get an extension using the Apple Chat for the $30 in my travel bank that expires next week and was told to pound sand. Oh well. I was not looking to book anything until next winter at the earliest, and the schedule isn't open for that yet, so alas it will likely just expire. Not sure it's enough to make it worth doing the dummy booking.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: AA
I got my credit extended for two weeks and now I have to use it. The email says "" That means I have to use it for a flight that I cannot change at all. I am wondering what happens if I book a ticket that is fully flexible.
1. Can I change the dates later?
2. Can I change the destination later?
3. Does the system actually work as it is specified in the email in case I cancel the ticket? Any experience so far?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA
anyone can update on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.