Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Prepaid Travel for Immediate Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid Travel for Immediate Status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Question Prepaid Travel for Immediate Status

Howdy. Considering a gig with weekly commuting NYC-SFO in First/Business Class. JetBlue offers a decent schedule and prices. Does the airline have a program whereby I can pay in a large amount upfront and get immediate status? Something in the order of $50,000 is what I'm thinking, but happy to do less if that amount no required. Does anyone know a department I can call to inquire about this?

Does JetBlue's highest status offer free ticket changes on discounted transcon Mint fares?

This would be akin to AA's AirPass or UA's PassPlus.

Thanks!
-BlooJoo
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
No program like that is advertised, but could be worth calling and finding out. Doubt it though - they don't even have a consistently offered status match program.

However, you could open a Jetblue Plus card or Jetblue Business card with Barclay's, and one of the perks there is Mosaic status (highest and only elite status) after $50k spend. The status updates pretty quickly actually, and you get 6 points/dollar spent plus 15k points on achieving the status, so you'd also get 315,000 points for the spend also.

Mosaic status will give you free ticket changes/cancellations/same day changes on any jetblue ticket except for Basic fares.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinosims
No program like that is advertised, but could be worth calling and finding out. Doubt it though - they don't even have a consistently offered status match program.

However, you could open a Jetblue Plus card or Jetblue Business card with Barclay's, and one of the perks there is Mosaic status (highest and only elite status) after $50k spend. The status updates pretty quickly actually, and you get 6 points/dollar spent plus 15k points on achieving the status, so you'd also get 315,000 points for the spend also.

Mosaic status will give you free ticket changes/cancellations/same day changes on any jetblue ticket except for Basic fares.
Thanks. Sounds like a great option. Regarding Mosaic status, you say free ticket changes/cancellations, but is that only for same day, or can I make changes a few days in advance? Are there every Basic Mint fares, or will I never have to worry about Basic fares if I buy Mint?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Cancellations & changes can be made ahead of the day of travel at no cost / no fee.
Basic Mint fares do not exist.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sallycat
Cancellations & changes can be made ahead of the day of travel at no cost / no fee.
Great, thank you.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
In advance, the cancel/change fees are waived but of course you pay the fare difference.

Same day (technically 24 hours prior to the booked flight for Mosaics) changes are free.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinosims
In advance, the cancel/change fees are waived but of course you pay the fare difference.

Same day (technically 24 hours prior to the booked flight for Mosaics) changes are free.
Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Sallycat
Yet.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.