Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terra Blues (and Sweets)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Terra Blues (and Sweets)?

I wasn't happy when JetBlue switched from the Terra Blues to the mixed Terra Blues + Sweets, as Sweet Potatoes are an abomination, but I dealt with it to get my Terra Blues.

But for the past few months they haven't had these either, with the FA's telling us they aren't making them any more?

I can get the Blues from Amazon or many other vendors, can't JetBlue do the same???
GottaLuvCruising likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
There was a recall on the Terra chips not too long ago. They're still on hold from what I've been told. It had to do with the oil on the chips going bad.

Some stations have recently started catering the original Terra Blues

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Dec 21, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I need to know those stations! I have no trips planned beyond January -- too many options-- this will help me narrow down my choices!
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
I need to know those stations! I have no trips planned beyond January -- too many options-- this will help me narrow down my choices!
Rumor has it that JFK is catering Terra Blues.

The oil on the Sweets and Blues had gone rancid from what I was told. Besides it just being a poor batch I suppose, it normally would not be a problem. However, the chips were not being consumed quickly enough, and the temperature and pressure changes from being on an airplane apparently exacerbated the issue.

I enjoyed the straight up Blues; I thought they were so much better than the mixed variety. I used to put hot sauce on them

-J.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:46 pm

I was wondering this as well. My latest flight BOS-LAX and LAX-JFK both did not have any Terras.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: JB,VA,UA,,USA,DL,AA
I like the Terra chips but really wish they would bring back the Munchie Mix. That's my favorite
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by VEGAS1
I like the Terra chips but really wish they would bring back the Munchie Mix. That's my favorite
There was a time when you could get a bag of each. That was a fine time.
RWPrincess and diburning like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:45 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
There was a time when you could get a bag of each. That was a fine time.
I always give a low rating for "the quality and quantity of snacks provided to you" on the post flight survey and then in the comments box, I tell them that I'd like for them to stop being stingy with the catering. I wonder how long it will be before they remove that question
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Just as an FYI, I saw a photo of a flight a day or two ago catered in JFK with original Terra Chips (not Blues, but the multi-colored variety ones).

Originally Posted by diburning
I always give a low rating for "the quality and quantity of snacks provided to you" on the post flight survey and then in the comments box, I tell them that I'd like for them to stop being stingy with the catering. I wonder how long it will be before they remove that question
They got Even More® Stingy since September when they started quadruple-catering flights. One cater should last four flights, they say.

-J.
fbunnie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.