Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Security Lines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:47 am
Original Poster

JFK Security Lines

I’m just working out some flight options connecting to Jet Blue in JFK from an international flight. I’ve been keeping an eye on the live security line times for T5 to work out how long I need on my layover and it doesn’t appear to ever be shorter than 30 mins at T5 where other JFK terminals are much lower. Is this fairly standard or is it a holiday time of year thing?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:13 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

30 minutes for this time of year is fairly standard. I've had much less and I've had a bit longer as well. If you are TSA pre-check it's usually way faster, but no sure if you are. You can also buy up to Even More Speed if you are short on time or just would prefer to use the expedited lane. Note that you can quickly do this at any JetBlue kiosk so you can wait to decide until you get to the terminal if it's worth the extra cost.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
30 minutes for this time of year is fairly standard. I've had much less and I've had a bit longer as well. If you are TSA pre-check it's usually way faster, but no sure if you are. You can also buy up to Even More Speed if you are short on time or just would prefer to use the expedited lane. Note that you can quickly do this at any JetBlue kiosk so you can wait to decide until you get to the terminal if it's worth the extra cost.
super useful. Thanks. Flying mid jan so hopefully it’ll be shorter and if not it’s good to know I can buy the even more speed pass at the terminal.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
T5 is one of the better experiences as far as JFK is concerned and security is no exception. I'd also expect 30 minutes or so at a busy time, which is exceptionally good for JFK.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
super useful. Thanks. Flying mid jan so hopefully it’ll be shorter and if not it’s good to know I can buy the even more speed pass at the terminal.
What are the dates? There can be some big congestion around the MLK holiday weekend (Jan 25th this year)
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just to be clear, are you truly connecting on a single ticket or are you transferring between two tickets?

If the latter, do bear in mind that if you no show, B6 will cancel your ticket and you will likely need to purchase a new one if you cannot find an agent to help you out. For that reason, depending on your destination and the cost of tickets, bear in mind the risk of delays (not just at security, but CBP, as well as enroute for your arrival into JFK.

The ground time you allow is all a matter of your own risk tolerance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.