Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue 24 Hour Cancellation Policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue 24 Hour Cancellation Policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by alegeeter
It is technically 24 hours but when I have cancelled with Jetblue in the past I've found that they give you until 11:59pm the next day, so 24 hours+.
Theoretically, if you book at 9pm you'll have 27 hours.IF you book at 12:01, you'll basically have 48 hours!
This may be what's going on now, but there is no guarantee that this will continue.

The system is supposed to do hourly sweeps to close out tickets from the 24 hour free change/cancel period. However, as we've seen from how TrueBlue points post sporadically (that also is supposed to work on a system of periodic sweeps), that the sweeps are often deferred as they can sometimes take a long time, cause the system to hang, and could encounter errors.

Furthermore, JetBlue is not a global airline. JetBlue's website is often down between midnight and 5AM eastern time for website maintenance. They could be bringing the system down to run these sweeps, as well as other maintenance.

The agents are supposed to enforce the 24 hour rule to the minute even if the website/system does not.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:01 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by diburning
The agents are supposed to enforce the 24 hour rule to the minute even if the website/system does not.
Yes this. You may get lucky if you can cancel beyond 24h via the website, but since you can't cancel award tix via the website, you basically only have 24 hours for those. YMMV.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Okay, next question. When does the seven day window close? Example: At 8 pm on September 6, I book a flight departing 11:59 pm on September 13. Do I still get the free 24 hour cancel?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Can someone here confirm Jetblue is 24 hours flat regardness of when you book the flight? Example you do it monday 5pm, you have till tuesday 5pm or so and if you do it around tuesday 12:01am, its wednesday around 12:01am?

So basically Delta and American Airlines has more lenient cancellation since i believe its the following day midnight? Example book monday 5pm and you have till Wednesday 12am so like 31 hours? And if you book tuesday 12:01am, you have like almost 48 hours to cancel for free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.