Upcoming Changes to DCA Routes

Old Feb 27, 19, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Upcoming Changes to DCA Routes

JetBlue should be announcing the following changes soon (although unofficially leaked already):

1. More flights will be added between BOS-NYC (up to 18x/day) and BOS-DCA (up to 14x/day) for near-hourly service to both cities.
2. More flights will be added to their 12 most popular routes from Boston (AUS, CHS, ORD, CLE, DTW, BNA, EWR, MCO, PHL, RDU, DCA, and SAV) to increase the Boston market to 175 daily flights.
3. Underperforming routes DCA-BDL and DCA-TPA will be cut to reallocate the DCA slots to DCA-BOS.
Old Feb 27, 19, 6:45 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
DCA-BDL is not under-performing at all, but if that is how the bean counters in NY want to spin it, more power to them. No reason for me to fly B6 anymore, what a shame.
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
3. Underperforming routes DCA-BDL and DCA-TPA will be cut to reallocate the DCA slots to DCA-BOS.
Hopefully they will also improve how they route the aircraft on BOS-DCA as part of this as well. Currently they do a lot of BOS-DCA-Florida-DCA-BOS routes, which expose the short BOS-DCA legs to any weather anywhere on the East Coast. That leads to a lot more delays on the route than you see on AA.

Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post
DCA-BDL is not under-performing at all, but if that is how the bean counters in NY want to spin it, more power to them.
It may be performing well in isolation, but they have a limited number of slots at DCA. So if they want to increase BOS/NYC, they have to cut something else. My guess is that BDL is less profitable than other DCA routes.
Old Mar 1, 19, 9:13 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post
DCA-BDL is not under-performing at all, but if that is how the bean counters in NY want to spin it, more power to them. No reason for me to fly B6 anymore, what a shame.
As a Dulles/IAD flyer, I feel your pain. At least you still have JetBlue service at DCA...
RWPrincess likes this.