Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BDL to MCO to MBJ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by Often1
Are you certain that the credit card you used does not provide any coverage? If all you are looking for is coverage for downtime costs at MCO in case you are stuck for a day or two, card coverage might well provide that (or close to it). In addition, some homeowner's policies have a small benefit (which may be sufficient) and some employers' policies cover employee leisure travel.
Often1 is correct that most cards will have at least some coverage, if not a lot.

All World Elite MC's (Jetblue+ Card and many others) offer trip delay insurance.

Chase Sapphire trip insurance is pretty solid. Chase Freedom is as well.

AMEX is decent about it depending on the card IIRC.

For standalone coverage, I've used Allianz Global Assistance for overseas travel and so have my colleagues. They are easy to get quotes from and resolve issues VERY quickly.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue
Just to close this out, the flights worked out. Weather was touch and go for awhile but we made it through the connection. After not flying post 9-11 up to this point, learned an awful lot with this trip that we can use going forward. One thing we learned is that there are a few rude and arrogant TSA agents out there. We fully support good security. We don't support TSA agents that are complete jerks. jetBlue was great. They gave us a free upgrade to row 2 so were the first off the plane. Looking forward to flying with them on a regular basis now as we take more trips. We did buy travel insurance but never needed it. That was a good thing.
Air Houston, klanfa and heresabe like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Thanks for reporting on the outcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.