Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Is there anyway to predict or follow pattern for Mint fares from SFO to Boston?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver

Taking kids to San Fran for April 2019 vacation and stumbled upon flight home from SFO-BOS Mint for 599. I booked using points (45k) for 2 Mint seats for myself and son. Website said only 2 seats left at this price so I grabbed them. I need 2 more seats for my wife and daughter and price is now $699. Website says 5 left at this price. But looking at seating chart, only 4 Mint seats taken for entire flight. I looked at another random date in April and found Mint seats more than double the price with only 1 seat taken. I also looked at Mint fares going to San Fran from Boston but fares were all over $1000 which does not surprise me with MA vacation Not too familiar with Jetblue pricing themes but do you think I should wait to see if price may drop back to $599 or book now at $699 to secure spot for my wife and daughter. This is for early afternoon flight SFO nonstop to Boston. I will be using Jetblue miles to book trip and I presume if price drop, I can not get price match like Southwest.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If the price drops within five days, you can get the difference refunded, as points if you used points, and as a travel bank credit if you paid for the ticket.

I'd suggest that you book now. The Mint fares typically don't drop until 2-3 weeks before departure, and only if less than half the cabin is booked. If more than half the cabin is booked, and no more booking are made, it will stay at whatever price it was at until departure even if those seats go out empty.

Note: This is based on my observations of a relatively small sample size. Your mileage may vary.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:36 am

I would wait, If you look at december, there are still plenty of good prices around. They try pretty hard to sell the tickets so unless there is a lot of depend for those flights, prices will come down the closer you get.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
I would book now, but it depends on how mad your wife would be if she's sitting in 16c while you're in mint
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

April means Spring Break, Easter and Passover. And JetBlue prices pretty aggressively (in its favor) around holidays. I'd grab the $699 and not look back.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: TrueBlue
It also depends on WHEN in April - I'm booked on JetBlue BOS-SFO becuase I'm flying out to run in the Rock 'N Roll San Francisco Half Marathon which takes place on April 7. That could affect pricing and load factors.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
April means Spring Break, Easter and Passover. And JetBlue prices pretty aggressively (in its favor) around holidays. I'd grab the $699 and not look back.
I am flying back SFO to BOS on tail end of Massachusetts spring break. Thinking maybe paying the $699 the way to go. Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by djplong
It also depends on WHEN in April - I'm booked on JetBlue BOS-SFO becuase I'm flying out to run in the Rock 'N Roll San Francisco Half Marathon which takes place on April 7. That could affect pricing and load factors.
I don't think they price around race weekends. I'm a RunDisney person and I've never seen airfare impacted by the race weekend unless it also coincides with a holiday week/weekend or larger event like the Daytona 500.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I don't think they price around race weekends. I'm a RunDisney person and I've never seen airfare impacted by the race weekend unless it also coincides with a holiday week/weekend or larger event like the Daytona 500.
Yeah, I'm runDisney as well (taking a 2019 break to do Rock N Roll races) and I don't think it's so much a 'pricing' thing as there just being more people buying seats so the cheaper ones go sooner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.