JetBlue boarding process

Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
JetBlue boarding process

About to fly JetBlue for the first time. I usually fly other airlines. I don't have status obviously nor do I have their credit card. What is their boarding process currently? I have a bag that fits in the overhead bin, but I'm concerned about not getting a timely boarding group resulting in the inability to use the very overhead bin above my seat. I'm carrying on dive gear that I don't want to get lost or damaged if I check it. It fits in the overhead bin just fine so I should be able to use it. Any recommendations?

Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
JetBlue has had a new boarding process for about a year, details and discussions can be found here:
New Boarding Process
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
If you are really concerned, you can purchase Even More Speed, which gets you priority boarding, and isn't a huge cost.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:57 am

I thought Even More Speed was just for security and not early boarding?
Even More Space seat gets you early boarding.
In any case, I'm sure they will ask for volunteers to gate check bags for free, they have asked even on flights that weren't 100% full in my recent flights.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Even More Speed is for security only. Even More Space gets you Group A.

Group B is rear windows, Group C is rear middles, front windows, Group D is rear aisles, front middles, and Group E is front aisles.
B6Boston and RWPrincess like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.