Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

BOS Terminal C new(ish) security setup?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM

Flying B6 tmw. Haven't flown them out of BOS since the security area was redone (I gather) at Terminal C. It used to be pretty slow going through there. Can anyone comment, is it better these days? A touch worried about a busy time (7:30 departure) with TSA agents not showing up due to the shutdown. Any thoughts on how much time to allow? Given the set up is it useful to buy even more speed when I OLCI (assuming I have the option at that time)? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:11 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I can't really comment on BOS or the effect of the impact of the shutdown on the TSA, but I will point out that you can add Even More Speed as an add-on via the kiosk even if you've already checked in online. You can just show up a bit early, and if the regular line looks scary, just hit the kiosk and add-on EMS and head for the expedited line. This way you don't waste your money if there is little difference in wait times.
MojaveFlyer and hi55us like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I went through security there yesterday at about 5:30pm and it was desolate. Walked right up to the TSA ID checker, then to the belt. In general the lines are longest in the morning, but with Precheck I've never waited more than 15 minutes. The regular lines can be pretty atrocious though from around 5am-8am (approximating based on my experience).
MojaveFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:03 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Same thing around noon yesterday. Friends from work just walked right thru
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've flown JetBlue ~once a week for the past 3 weeks out of Logan; each time I got through security (with pre-check!) in < 10 minutes. The non-precheck line seemed to vary from 15-20 minutes normally up to 45-60 minutes at peak times (think early morning flights).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
TSA has been posting statistics for wait times at major airports via Twitter. They’re typically two days old, but you can look for a trend. It looks like on Wednesday the longest wait at BOS was 42 minutes, which is actually a fairly significant increase from a few days ago
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Early in the morning can be very busy. Dropped my mother off a few days after Christmas for a 6:30 am flight. She said being in a wheelchair saved her from very long lines.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
It wasn't too bad - 20 minutes at 5:50 AM. Line stretched out to the Aer Lingus check in area but moved at a decent clip. Using the JetBlue more speed option would have saved 8 minutes or so.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:28 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
5:30AM flight last Sunday, they didn't even open the lines until after 4:15, and PreCheck opened about 15 minutes later. I got in line around 4:25 and it was 15 minutes or so to get thru the regular line. They stamped my boarding pass so I didn't have to take off shoes or go thru the nude-o-scope
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
Went through BOS Friday around 7pm. About 5 people in the Pre-Check line, was through in under 3 minutes. Regular line didn't look too bad either. One of the two TSA people did have a new scanner that only read the license, and they didn't scan the BP at all. Something new to speed things up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.