Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Chase Ultimate Rewards add JetBlue as a travel partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:57 am
Original Poster

https://www.oaoa.com/news/business/a...f6731f5ec.html

Great news for me, since that's where I have all of my points. On the other hand, it discourages me from keeping my JetBlue credit card.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:07 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

True, but the JetBlue+ card has some significant benefits for someone who files B6 regularly (especially someone flying with family members). I easily get more than $100 in benefit from it annually.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:38 am

So, will the MINT cabin be filled with UR point redeemers, especially those who have saved up the points for KE? Seriously, I guess this may signal the end of AMEX MR partnership, although there is a bonus transfer going on right now.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For CSR holders the 1.5cpp plus earning TrueBlue points outweighs the 1:1 conversion ratio in the vast majority of scenarios.

I doubt this moves the needle too much on redemption rates.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:32 pm

rather than create new thread, i thought id bring up this 6 month old thread to ask here if thats alright..
I have 250,000 points in my chase ultimate reward saphire card that has the bonus for transfering to airlines points.
can anyone tell me is jetblue a good value choice for redeeming my points? I like jetblu and would like to use this unless its a better value to redeem different airline? Since we have enough points, Id consider getting a international tropical vacation even though i realize jetblu has limited international flights. Though they do have some caribian flights i wonder woild be good?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by leif2
rather than create new thread, i thought id bring up this 6 month old thread to ask here if thats alright..
I have 250,000 points in my chase ultimate reward saphire card that has the bonus for transfering to airlines points.
can anyone tell me is jetblue a good value choice for redeeming my points? I like jetblu and would like to use this unless its a better value to redeem different airline? Since we have enough points, Id consider getting a international tropical vacation even though i realize jetblu has limited international flights. Though they do have some caribian flights i wonder woild be good?
What card do you have? If you have the Sapphire Reserve, you'll get higher value by simply booking through the UR portal at 1.5 cents per point vs transferring to JetBlue (in most cases).
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by klanfa
What card do you have? If you have the Sapphire Reserve, you'll get higher value by simply booking through the UR portal at 1.5 cents per point vs transferring to JetBlue (in most cases).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you also earn Trueblue points when you book through UR portal?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:54 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Vincent Zuo
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you also earn Trueblue points when you book through UR portal?
You do, but only half as much as booking through JetBlue.com.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by klanfa
my card is chase saphire preferred not reserve, thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:44 pm

on my chase saphire ultimate rewards portal it says:
WHEN REDEEMED FOR TRAVEL, YOUR 241,236 Points ARE WORTH $3,015.45.
I assume this is when redeeming using their portal? For my preffered saphire though, am i better off transfering my points to airline? THanks!!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by leif2
on my chase saphire ultimate rewards portal it says:
WHEN REDEEMED FOR TRAVEL, YOUR 241,236 Points ARE WORTH $3,015.45.
I assume this is when redeeming using their portal? For my preffered saphire though, am i better off transfering my points to airline? THanks!!
That's 1.25 cents per point which is close to the average value of JetBlue points. You can search for the flights you're interested in on JetBlue.com, and switch to display prices in points. Compare that to the price you see in the Ultimate Rewards portal and you'll see which one's better, though the two will be pretty close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.