Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Frequentcy of X% off Award Redemption Sales

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz

I love JetBlue, but I don't fly them a lot. I have a decent stash of points now thanks to the credit card, and I'm trying to figure out if I should redeem them now for winter travel or wait. I know B6 runs 15% off award redemption sales occasionally, but since I don't book tickets with them a lot, I haven't paid enough attention to them, and I don't have a sense of frequency. Anecdotally, how often does JetBlue run these? Are these once in a blue moon marketing efforts, or do they come along pretty regularly?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:09 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Arrow

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I love JetBlue, but I don't fly them a lot. I have a decent stash of points now thanks to the credit card, and I'm trying to figure out if I should redeem them now for winter travel or wait. I know B6 runs 15% off award redemption sales occasionally, but since I don't book tickets with them a lot, I haven't paid enough attention to them, and I don't have a sense of frequency. Anecdotally, how often does JetBlue run these? Are these once in a blue moon marketing efforts, or do they come along pretty regularly?
Hard to predict but the slower months for air travel are September and October, so you might see some sales pretty soon for post-summer travel.

Since JetBlue's program is revenue based, the number of points will generally be proportional to the cost of the ticket. Sometimes it's a better deal than others, and there's always the chance they will devalue it in some way, but you would probably be ok holding onto there points and using them when you actually need them unless a good sale comes along and you can find something appealing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.