Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue flyers out of LGA Terminal A. How is it now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle

As a frequent Delta flyer, I used to fly out of LGA Terminal A to Chicago O'Hare all the time. I loved it! No long lines at security or check-in. No crazy traffic like at Terminals B, C or D. On my last flight out of A, there were many JetBlue folks walking around talking about upcoming changes.

I'm curious as to how much Terminal A has changed. Do any of you have pix of what A looks like now? And how do you JetBlue flyers like flying out of A? Would love to hear your thoughts and see any pix. Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Virtually identical.
tonypct likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I think it's terrific. Very easy to access from the GCP and multiple food options. I know there were initially complaints about this so B6 seems to have listened.

As with any LGA itineraries, take it with a grain of salt in terms of takeoff delays. I tend to fly out before 8am to avoid long taxi times.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
multiple food options.

More than just the coffee shop by the gates?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12

More than just the coffee shop by the gates?
When I was there last week of February, I saw a bar/table service restaurant, a Dunkin Donuts kiosk, a Cibo and I'm pretty sure there was one other kiosk too. Not bad considering the size of the space. Some of the sections of Terminal B have less options than that.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:59 pm

I think it's nice and pleasant, and about as good as LGA can get.

There's still just the single cafe once inside but that's better than JFK Terminal 7 has in its whole operation. There's a decent coffee place to the side with good pastries attached to it, and if you're on the Boston shuttle you get a free small coffee. All in all it's everything you'd need, there was ample seating, and security took about 5 minutes.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:45 pm

CIBO runs the bar and the newsstand you pass as you walk to the gates from TSA checkpoint (up that hill). Bar has prepackaged sandwiches, bottle drinks (one upright cooler) and few snacks and of course full-service bar.
More snacks back at the newsstand. They've closed the private rooms along the wall without any gates, and change some of those free-standing work areas wasn't around long enough to notice too much else.
Didn't check if the restaurant is still back in the old terminal building pre-security building is just used to walk through as you can no longer enter by the baggage claim to get to the checkpoint, have to walk thru the old terminal.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:15 pm

The restaurant/cafeteria, Yankee Clipper is still open! It's a bit dingy but kind of delightfully old school.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Terminal A is great, and if you want the subway, the Q47 bus serves Terminal A only, so you roll straight out and don't get entangled in the rat's nest that is the current B-C-D service road system.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:12 am

M60 city buses once again stop at the Marine Air Terminal. It's the last M60 terminal stop within LaGuardia and offers a convenient, and inexpensive ($2.75, pay before you board), option to get to Manhattan.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:37 pm

So I flew in here last month with a checked bag. Huge mistake. My flight came in at the same time as 2 other flights and there is one baggage carousel. It was an absolute mess. People were climbing over the belts to grab their bags while standing on the center console. No security or JetBlue crewmembers to be found. Next time, I'll probably fly to JFK if I need to check luggage. It was that bad.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Been stuck here for 7 hours and counting, place is pretty crappy and dirty.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:44 pm

JFK is just as inept. Recently flew back on a flight in Mint and as a Mosaic, so my bag should be among the first to come out. Go down to baggage claim and the geniuses at JFK decided to pile THREE flights that arrived within 10 minutes of each other on the same carousel ... meanwhile the carousels on other side were IDLE! Bags start coming out from two of three flights, after 15 minutes, the green tags from those flights finally come out. After 30 minutes, bags from my flight come out. Green tagged bags didn’t come out for another 10 minutes. The baggage people at JFK are incompetent!!!

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
So I flew in here last month with a checked bag. Huge mistake. My flight came in at the same time as 2 other flights and there is one baggage carousel. It was an absolute mess. People were climbing over the belts to grab their bags while standing on the center console. No security or JetBlue crewmembers to be found. Next time, I'll probably fly to JFK if I need to check luggage. It was that bad.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:09 pm

I'd love to know why on earth JFK luggage always seems to take so long and why they still screw up the Mint/Mosaic thing. Alaska and Delta have a 20 minute guarantee (Alaska is infamously lightning fast with bags) and I don't think I've ever had a bag come out in under 25 minutes in my years of flying jetBlue.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:12 pm

I don't usually have significant issues at JFK but they do need to stop having flights from MCO share carousels with LAX/LGB flights because the majority of the passengers are coming from Disney theme parks and it gets confusing which flight is coming out. Similarly, they need to not put Portland, OR and Portland, ME on the same carousel at the same time.

My worst Mosaic experiences with luggage have been at LGB and PHX. Horrible to the point where I've had to get the station manager involved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.