Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Buy On Board Posting as Gate Charges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy On Board Posting as Gate Charges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by EasyD
I had a slightly different experience this last Sunday. I bought a snack box on board with my JetBlue Plus card via Apple Pay. Everything on board appeared to work fine. About two days later, my iPhone chimed with an alert, and it was a Decline for the purchase. Free snack box! Woo!
You can send half the money to brownoarsman to save him the hassle of filing a complaint
diburning and brownoarsman like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You can send half the money to brownoarsman to save him the hassle of filing a complaint
Haha, approved! If you have any emails from Nigerian princes, I'll take those too!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
The same thing has happened to me 3x now
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:39 am

I just called Barclays and they blamed it on JetBlue. So I called Mosaic line and the crewmember took the time to research this.

It is a known issue on account of JetBlue switching vendors for in-flight purchases. This is what I was told so I'm just the messenger. Barclays is auditing credit card statements and should be issuing the missing credits in 1-2 billing cycles.

On another note, I had a JetBlue Gate Retail charge show up on my statement for a date I was not at an airport or on an airplane. In fact, I was flying another airline that week. So I did dispute that one charge. Just in case that happens to anyone else here.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you RWPrincess for getting this information!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
On another note, I had a JetBlue Gate Retail charge show up on my statement for a date I was not at an airport or on an airplane. In fact, I was flying another airline that week. So I did dispute that one charge. Just in case that happens to anyone else here.
I see this from time to time with other merchants. It seems like they are batching up their transactions for whatever reason, bookkeeper on vacation maybe? If the charge does not match a known transaction regardless of date, then a dispute is in order. If the merchant has followed their rules, they should have an accurate record of the transaction and respond accordingly.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I see this from time to time with other merchants. It seems like they are batching up their transactions for whatever reason, bookkeeper on vacation maybe?
For the airlines it is typically because the transactions aren't processed realtime in the air. They get batched and transmitted when the device is connected on the ground. That's not always right after the flight.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Waited the requisite six to eight weeks (ten because I was travelling!) and lodged a complaint. Response seems positive?

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your JetBlue Plus Card. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the inflight discount on your account.

We can confirm that you receive 50% inflight savings on eligible inflight purchases. Eligible inflight purchases include cocktails, beer, wine, meals, and JetBlue movies (not Fly-Fi) on JetBlue-operated flights when purchased on your account. This benefit depends on the merchant category code. In February of 2018, we identified a new merchant and updated our process accordingly.

Please know that we have created a case to review the account. It may take 7 to 10 business days for the case to be completed, up to a maximum of 30 days. For your reference, your Case ID number is XYZ."
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:18 am
Original Poster

I had given up on this because JetBlue had posted cash to my travel bank to make it right. So I was surprised today to see a credit on my JetBlue card for "In flight savings." But it's nice to see they fixed this, at least for me.
TastyPlaneEats and RWPrincess like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:33 am

I made two on board purchases June 13th. One posted as gate purchase and the other as inflight. I used the email option to communicate with someone who told me to call Barclay. I was so annoyed that they made a mistake but dumped it in my lap, but fortunately checked my Barclay account before responding...and they had posted the credit.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Free agent
All my purchases on a recent RT posted as gate purchases at full price. Going to have to call in.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by rewindrw
I had given up on this because JetBlue had posted cash to my travel bank to make it right. So I was surprised today to see a credit on my JetBlue card for "In flight savings." But it's nice to see they fixed this, at least for me.
Same thing happened to me last week. All of a sudden a credit showed up.

Also, I flew last week and bought something onboard. It posted as Gate Retail but the 50% off was credited immediately. I know it was this purchase because the price had gone up since my prior purchases.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:40 pm

We had two charges on our last flight--one was designated on board purchase and credited the 50% discount. The other ($46--we were hungry as had no time at connecting airport as planned) was designated "gate retail" and not discounted. I called Barclays who bounced me over to Jetblue who acknowledged they had run in to this problem before, instructed me to call BArclays back again and request a supervisor. A dispute claim was opened so we will see. This, and the fact JB app absolutely SUCKS (which we needed being stuck in the air and misdirected to refuel at another airport closing our 3 hour layover to 2 min)---terrible updates about flight delays, messages sent which disappear to nowhere and the fact our luggage did not arrive for FIVE DAYS after our flight did on our vacation--well, goodbye Jetblue, sorry we cheated on you American (I just had some random miles to use, but in the long run, that was not even worth it).
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:50 pm

This also happened to me last month. I'm not even bothering this time.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by katiecoolady
We had two charges on our last flight--one was designated on board purchase and credited the 50% discount. The other ($46--we were hungry as had no time at connecting airport as planned) was designated "gate retail" and not discounted. I called Barclays who bounced me over to Jetblue who acknowledged they had run in to this problem before, instructed me to call BArclays back again and request a supervisor. A dispute claim was opened so we will see. This, and the fact JB app absolutely SUCKS (which we needed being stuck in the air and misdirected to refuel at another airport closing our 3 hour layover to 2 min)---terrible updates about flight delays, messages sent which disappear to nowhere and the fact our luggage did not arrive for FIVE DAYS after our flight did on our vacation--well, goodbye Jetblue, sorry we cheated on you American (I just had some random miles to use, but in the long run, that was not even worth it).
We won't miss you.

I've had issues flying out of MSY fairly recently with BoB stuff posting but never JFK/LAX/SFO.
diburning likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.