Wiki Posts
Search

SDC/SDS New Fees 12/4

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
SDC/SDS New Fees 12/4

As I've mentioned on this post, JetBlue has (unfortunately quietly) changed the SDC/SDS policy as of today, 12/4.

Before the change:
  • Same Day Change (SDC) was $50
  • Same Day Standby (SDS) was free
  • If the fare dropped within 14 days, you could get a voucher for the difference, $75 fee applies after 14 days.

After today's change:
  • SDC is now $75
  • SDS now also comes with a $75 fee (refundable if you don't clear)
  • Since there's no reason to SDS (now that the fee is charged in either case) unless the target flight is fully booked , SDS now only applies to flights that are fully booked. If you don't clear, the fee is refundable.
  • If the fare drops within 5 days, you could get a voucher for the difference, $75 fee applies after 6 days.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 5, 2017 at 6:40 am
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Looks like they also changed the ability to stand by/SDC on the previous day if there's only one flight a day.

Also, has the date range to refare to a lower fare for free always been within 5 days? Last I checked it was 14.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by dinosims
Looks like they also changed the ability to stand by/SDC on the previous day if there's only one flight a day.

Also, has the date range to refare to a lower fare for free always been within 5 days? Last I checked it was 14.
It's only 5 now for refare?! That's a horrendous downgrade! It was definitely 14 until now.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by klanfa
It was definitely 14 until now.
Only since they changed it from being forever. Definitely some downgrades with fees here.

I guess the silver lining is that Mosaic just got more valuable.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Yikes, I didn't even notice that! That definitely wasn't included in the memo!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Looks like they also changed the ability to stand by/SDC on the previous day if there's only one flight a day
IIRC it was always the policy to not allow standby or SDC for flights on a previous day for cities with one flight a day. Agents may have been able to bend policy, but officially they're not supposed to.

Same thing with co-terminals. The policy has always not allowed for SDS/SDC to co-terminal airports outside of IRROPS, but agents can and have bent the policy; especially for Mosaics.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:02 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

FT needs a Dislike button.
octr202 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:19 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Deleted as I answered my own question.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Dec 5, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by diburning
IIRC it was always the policy to not allow standby or SDC for flights on a previous day for cities with one flight a day. Agents may have been able to bend policy, but officially they're not supposed to.

Same thing with co-terminals. The policy has always not allowed for SDS/SDC to co-terminal airports outside of IRROPS, but agents can and have bent the policy; especially for Mosaics.
SDC has and continues to allow for co-terminal changes. SDS does not.
https://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BI...se=obj(383871)

AutoSlash likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Ah, I didn't see that. Thanks! The SDS policy says "city pairs" which made me think it was a gray area. I was also looking for the term "co-terminal" (which is what UA and AA call them) when reading the policy, so I didn't see the "co-located" language.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.