Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue Cruises not consider jetblue purchases

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue Cruises not consider jetblue purchases

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Jetblue Cruises not consider jetblue purchases

Just booked a Cruises with Jetblue using Barclay Tureblue + card last month and found out I didn't get any bonus for the purchase. I called Jetblue and they told me Jetblue Cruises site is not Jetblue. They showed me a line at the end of the page stated JetBlue Cruises is operated by JetBlue's trusted business partner, World Travel Holdings, Inc.

Am I overreacting that I feel like being cheated?

Terms from Barclay:
Earning Points
You earn TrueBlue points on purchases made with the Account, less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) by you and/or any Authorized User(s) of the Account.

You earn six (6) TrueBlue points for every one dollar ($1.00) of eligible Net Purchases made with the Account, rounded up or down to the nearest dollar, on tickets, goods and services purchased directly from JetBlue Airways (“JetBlue Purchases”). Eligible JetBlue Purchases are items billed by JetBlue as merchant of record booked through JetBlue channels (JetBlue.com, JetBlue reservations, JetBlue Getaways and JetBlue airport ticket counters). Products or services that do not qualify as JetBlue Purchases are non-JetBlue Getaway car rentals, hotel reservations, purchases of TrueBlue points, and duty free purchases. Points earned will be posted to the primary cardmember’s TrueBlue membership account in 4-6 weeks.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zygoteny
....Am I overreacting that I feel like being cheated?

Terms from Barclay:
...Eligible JetBlue Purchases are items billed by JetBlue as merchant of record booked through JetBlue channels (JetBlue.com, JetBlue reservations, JetBlue Getaways and JetBlue airport ticket counters).
Tough call on this one. It is not a Getaways booking nor is it a JetBlue ticket. At the same time, the website URL has jetblue.com in it.

But, ultimately, JetBlue is not the merchant of record and that's what defines the bonus points. Everything else in the T&C is an incomplete list of examples.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Welcome to FlyerTalk. ^

Sorry to hear your first post is a negative experience.

I read your post and that does suck.

The Disclaimers posted don't state JetBlue Cruises are not included in the miles accumulation.

At least push for better language in their disclaimers.

Live, ... learn. What can you do.

Fight for, what 10,000 points?

If you are persistent you may win said points.

Good Luck

And may your next post be more addressable.

Again,

Welcome to FT.

ETA; And thanks for pointing this out to the FT community. ^
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:07 pm

Seems that I am going to,Jane

It seems I am going to have the same fight. Purchased a Jet Vlue cruise for May. Made an initial payment of $ 500 and received 2,000 points. Made final payment two days ago for $ 2993 and in my Barclaycard on line recent transactions posting are being awarded 2,993 points and not 4X that amount. That is about as deceptive a practice I have ever seen and will let Jet Vlue be aware of my total unhappiness. I am a long timer card holder with approximatky 100,000 miles in my account and an extremely upset about this situation.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
In the second case, what stands out is that you got the 4x on the $500 and not on the $3000 (roughly). That feels like a bait-and-switch to me, and 9000 points equals something around $100 in fare value. While the merchant of record will tend to define these things, it feels odd that two payments to what it would seem would be the same merchant would post differently without a clear cause (e.g. I think I've seen some oddities with F&B posting differently from hotel rooms at the same hotel to an outside card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.