Wiki Posts
Search

St. Thomas airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT GLD
post-Irma problems

Trying to get to US Virgin Islands with post-Irma supplies. Has anyone flown into St. Thomas airport in the US Virgin Islands since Hurricane Irma? Any info on when it will open for pax?

Last edited by greatexpectationsusvi; Sep 15, 2017 at 5:11 pm Reason: change in title
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Airport officially repoens for commercial service on the 16th. http://viconsortium.com/virgin-islan...ights-tuesday/

No idea when B6 will resume ops.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT GLD
Exclamation shame on Jet Blue!

At Burlington (VT) airport for B6 flight to San Juan with a 50 pound Ryobi generator in its original box measuring 62 inches (l-w-d) for disaster relief. Had been told as a Mosaic could check the generator. Now told not allowed. American Airlines and United will. Thanks a lot B6.

Last edited by greatexpectationsusvi; Sep 15, 2017 at 4:10 pm Reason: added image
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sbm12
Airport officially repoens for commercial service on the 16th. http://viconsortium.com/virgin-islan...ights-tuesday/

No idea when B6 will resume ops.
We have someone from JetBlue Facebook page. They says that some airports in Caribbean won't be reopen for a while, but they has already resume flight to SJU & PSE, too. Right now, STT, SXM, STX still remains closed until further notice.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by greatexpectationsusvi
At Burlington (VT) airport for B6 flight to San Juan with a 50 pound Ryobi generator in its original box measuring 62 inches (l-w-d) for disaster relief. Had been told as a Mosaic could check the generator. Now told not allowed. American Airlines and United will. Thanks a lot B6.
I know there have been questions in the past about checking engines or engine parts and whether they've ever been run or not. No idea if that's what triggered the issue here or not but I can believe that contributed to the challenges.

Status shouldn't factor in to that, of course, so not really sure what being Mosaic has to do with it.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Do either of the JetBlue flights to STT St. Thomas deplane from the rear door? Meaning I should sit in the back.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Braswch
Do either of the JetBlue flights to STT St. Thomas deplane from the rear door? Meaning I should sit in the back.
I don't know for sure - but if the airport doesn't have jet bridges then they most likely deplane from both doors.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'm pretty sure they do use both doors. I know they definitely do for boarding on the A320. I can't recall for the E190.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.