Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Was Changed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Post Seat Was Changed

I am flying JFK-JAX tomorrow and as I went to do the online check-in and i found out my seat was changed. I was moved 3 rows back from a window seat to a middle seat. I am upset. I understand this could happen for a variety of reasona and quite honestly I don't care why it happened, I just want to know what can be done for me. I called JetBlue and of course they can't do anything until i get to the gate. I was told there are seats left behind me and in the Even More Space rows. What are the chances I get some sort of compensation, whether it be a fligt credit or an even more space window seat? I'm a broke college student and I'm not going down without some sort of reimbursement.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:19 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
If you have a printout of your original selection from your itinerary they'll take care of you at the gate. Get there a bit earlier in case there are others in your position.

Come back and tell us how it went
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Try calling again and ask them to comp you into Even More Space.
Good luck
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
I had a similar experience on Sunday flying SFO-BOS. I checked in via the app on Saturday and discovered that I was moved from an aisle seat to a middle seat. The only aisle seats open were EMS. I purchased an EMS aisle seat and promptly sent a complaint to JetBlue. I was particularly annoyed because my flight to SFO was canceled. Not an impressive JetBlue roundtrip experience.
JetBlue responded by refunding my EMS charge after explaining that the aisle seat was not guaranteed (I know) and that they couldn't provide a reason for why I was moved. YMMV.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
Question: How did you book this ticket? This is important, and if you see this and answer I will tell you why.

Observations: The attorneys here can speak to this better than I, but your contract of carriage is for point A to point B. It is not for a specific seat. Does it suck to get your seat changed? Of course. Unless you paid for EMS, you are not entitled to compensation for having your seat changed, whether you're a broke college student or CEO of Boeing. Just my opinion of course. Please let us know how it turned out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.