Wiki Posts
Search

first B6 flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
first B6 flight

Just booked FLL-BNA and I am quite eager to experience B6 for the first time. My home airport is BNA and SWA dominates that airport. I have grown tired of not having an assigned seat. If all the good things I hear are true about B6 I will support them, but as of now, they only have a few flights out of BNA. I will report back in 2 weeks after my flight. I have a friend that lives in Boston and she loves them. I did book one of the EMS seats too. I love the idea of E+ especially as someone who is over 6 foot. If i do not get the exit row or the 1st on SWA I am M I S E R A B L E!

Go B6! Please come give me a better option out of BNA!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I'm 6'4" and I find regular seating acceptable on B6 (usually around 34"). EMS is luxurious at 38". I usually only opt for EMS if I need to work on the plane. Otherwise regular seating is fine for me, especially for a shorter flight under 1000 miles.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:27 am

I'm 6'2 and have never had an issue with the regular Jetblue seats, my knees don't touch the back of the seat in front of me like they do in the legacy carriers.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:20 am

Also, if you have the choice, I find E90 to be more comfortable than A320, since it's wider seat and have been updated. The A320s are finally getting reconfigured. It's getting a little too worn out.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
I'll add to the others, for that length of flight, you should be pleasantly surprised in a regular seat. While the E190's have slightly less legroom than the early days (they added two more EMS rows mid-plane), it's still quite comfortable. Like others, I tend to actually prefer the E190 to the A320's.

The only times I've paid for EMS is redeyes, then the few extra inches can really make a difference sleeping.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

That's good to hear about the room, but given this will be my first B6 flight I was not taking any chances on room. After seeing and experiencing the product first hand we will see if I book a regular seat next time.

Also looking out into the future It looks like if I fly into FLL I could connect to a few locations in the Caribbean, but it would be 2 separate tickets to keep going south after FLL. Is that right?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by tphuang
Also, if you have the choice, I find E90 to be more comfortable than A320, since it's wider seat and have been updated. The A320s are finally getting reconfigured. It's getting a little too worn out.
My first trip was EMS in a 321/E90 itinerary. I'd much rather have had the latter for 5 hours instead of the former.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
That's good to hear about the room, but given this will be my first B6 flight I was not taking any chances on room. After seeing and experiencing the product first hand we will see if I book a regular seat next time.

Also looking out into the future It looks like if I fly into FLL I could connect to a few locations in the Caribbean, but it would be 2 separate tickets to keep going south after FLL. Is that right?
Looks like that might be the case. I just tried this
https://b6.innosked.com/(S(o3v2g4jof...)/default.aspx
Seems like only BOS/FLL showed up for BNA

Not sure whey they don't offer more connection tickets.

Maybe others know of a way around that.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:28 am

At 6'7" if I do they take the bag out from under after takeoff and put by legs forward under the seat (bags under my legs) I'm fine in core even on a 190 for short hops (mostly JFK/BUF).
Trans Con I'm in exit row EMS hands down but I can handle JFK to Florida fine without it anything longer than that I'm in EMS.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Just completed my first B6 flight. I fly a lot of SWA because they have so many direct flights priced right to where I need to go out of BNA. I would really like to see someone challenge the stronghold they have over BNA so when the option for a direct flight came up I jumped on it. FLL-BNA

The flight was delayed about an hour due to weather. Not going to fault them there. I was impressed by the hard product which is quite a bit nicer than SWA. I also like I don't have to sweat about getting a seat I like with the EMS option I am guaranteed to have the room I need. I would also add the seat itself seemed to have better padding than SWA's. TV monitor in every seat is step up from SWA as well and the wifi from gate to gate. I love it! The A320 does feel (and I think it is) a bit wider and roomer than SW's 737 fleet.

Service was fine I would say a wash compared to SWA and other airlines. I did like the fact they have more a lot options for snacks which is also a big plus for me. I am always hungry!

Bottom line, if B6 would only offer more flights out of BNA I would be flying them every chance I could. Clearly a much better product domestically than I am use to with SW. I would be willing to even pay a little more fare wise to fly them for the better product. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed they add a few routes out of my home. Thanks for reading.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
Just completed my first B6 flight. I fly a lot of SWA because they have so many direct flights priced right to where I need to go out of BNA. I would really like to see someone challenge the stronghold they have over BNA so when the option for a direct flight came up I jumped on it. FLL-BNA

The flight was delayed about an hour due to weather. Not going to fault them there. I was impressed by the hard product which is quite a bit nicer than SWA. I also like I don't have to sweat about getting a seat I like with the EMS option I am guaranteed to have the room I need. I would also add the seat itself seemed to have better padding than SWA's. TV monitor in every seat is step up from SWA as well and the wifi from gate to gate. I love it! The A320 does feel (and I think it is) a bit wider and roomer than SW's 737 fleet.

Service was fine I would say a wash compared to SWA and other airlines. I did like the fact they have more a lot options for snacks which is also a big plus for me. I am always hungry!

Bottom line, if B6 would only offer more flights out of BNA I would be flying them every chance I could. Clearly a much better product domestically than I am use to with SW. I would be willing to even pay a little more fare wise to fly them for the better product. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed they add a few routes out of my home. Thanks for reading.
Also, the A320s are a little worn out. Once they get reconfigured, it should feel newer and the tv screens will be larger. Not sure if they will add any more flights out of BNA though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.