Search

Advice on when to book

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Advice on when to book

Hi all,

Just looking for some general advice on when to book a flight. The flight will not take place until the middle of August, so still far away, but the prices have already gone up, albeit a small amount. No one has booked a seat on the flight yet, and I am torn between booking now or waiting and hoping the price goes down since there are no bookings? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Partly depends on the route, but I likely wouldn't book August travel 6 months out.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If you're booking for the one of the locations and/or weekend just before the solar eclipse occurring Mon Aug 21, then I would say book now. Airlines are already raising prices due to perceived demand. I have booked my tickets already (booked them three weeks ago), and the prices have all risen since then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.