Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy up points for Mosaic?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Buy up points for Mosaic?

I'm going to be about 200 base points short of hitting Mosaic without purchasing another flight.

Any word of something like this for this year: Top off Mosaic buying points [2018 year end]

I'd happily pay $45 to not bother with an extra flight to get it.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:36 pm

Looks like they still have it this year and the link is the same. We'll probably get an official email within a week or so:
https://buy.points.com/marketing/pur...=JETBLUEMOSAIC
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Just got an email about this today. Looks to be the same rates as last year.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
For folks who have used this sort of buy up at the end of the year to get status for the following year, how much have you been willing to pay? I know it's a YMMV type of thing, but I'm curious what people are willing to pay. I've only done it once myself b/c I was less than $100 worth of points away and I knew I'd be flying the particular airline a bunch the next year. This year with B6 I'd have to shell out around $450 to reach Mosaic and that just seems too steep for what Mosaic gives you. Of course, if I don't do it then I'll probably have to cancel or change several flights next year.

Have a great weekend.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I made Mosaic easily but I'd probably pay $100-$200 for the free change / cancel benefit.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
Yeah, I'm just too far away, especially considering how B6 sort of stuck it to Mosaics with the latest fare rearrangement.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Worth noting that if you buy up to Mosaic, you will get the 15000 point bonus for earning the status (or at least, I did when I bought up last year -- managed to barely hit 15k on my last flight this year). That is conservatively worth $150 by itself.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
Worth noting that if you buy up to Mosaic, you will get the 15000 point bonus for earning the status (or at least, I did when I bought up last year -- managed to barely hit 15k on my last flight this year). That is conservatively worth $150 by itself.
True, good point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.