Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:18 pm

You can't buy Amazon Giftcards with MileagePlus X. It throws the error that there is a technical error with the system, which it has been doing this since the spring.

Also, since Nov 28th, JetBlue has added another exception to the list - you can no longer earn points on purchases made with an Amazon Business Account.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by cruser1
You can't buy Amazon Giftcards with MileagePlus X. It throws the error that there is a technical error with the system, which it has been doing this since the spring.
It works fine for me. If it throws an error, you can't attempt to buy another one for two weeks. If you do, it resets the clock.

Also, since Nov 28th, JetBlue has added another exception to the list - you can no longer earn points on purchases made with an Amazon Business Account.
That's probably a change in the Amazon affiliate program where Amazon is no longer paying (or paying less) for purchases from a business account, and not a change that JetBlue wanted to make.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I regularly purchase $500 AGC (with AT&T Access More to get 3x TYP) and then deposit for future purchases. I purchased 3 in a row recently to pay for a laptop. I'm also seeing TrueBlue points credit when paying via GC balance.

If you are getting an error purchasing Amazon Giftcards via MP/X, you should call United MileagePlus Shopping or send feedback through the app.

Last edited by joachimm; Dec 27, 2017 at 3:09 pm Reason: Fix quote tag inbalance
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
How do returns work - does B6 reverse those points later?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:07 pm

Points normally post 30 days after the shipping date which normally takes care of return issues and points. It may or may not be perfect - but I wouldn't think too much about that. You'll never be on the losing end
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The item in question was a Kindle book returned within the 7 day purchase period.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I believe my points from Amazon have been quite slow to post recently. Anyone else have this issue?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:27 pm

Is anyone's amazon link not working? Getting a proxy error all day....
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by mcs26891
Is anyone's amazon link not working? Getting a proxy error all day....
My link seems to be broken as well.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Seems to work fine for me.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
Seems to work fine for me.
Mine works now - fixed I guess.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
No, using the Amazon Prime 5% card for a purchase through the MPX app and then using the gift card through the JetBlue link.

Should earn 5% back at Amazon, 0.5 United miles/$, and 3 JetBlue points/$. I don't know if the Amazon card GC purchase through the MPX app codes as an Amazon purchase though. I have to verify.
I tried this with a $25 Amazon GC on the MPX app and it did not code as Amazon and only received 1% cash back.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Give it just over 30 days from when the item shipped.
Agreed. Mine all post right around the 30 day mark after the item was shipped. I've only had a handful (out of over 350 items) not post the points. 27k+ points since December of 2016.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
How do returns work - does B6 reverse those points later?
I have returned 4 or 5 items for various reasons and the points were not reversed. None were Kindle books.

I'm not making a habit of this though. My Amazon and TrueBlue accounts are too valuable to me to lose over trying to con a few extra points.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:19 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Update - After months without any points posting, I just saw I now have 13 entries all dated 2/4/2018 post for Amazon purchases. I guess my account was just constipated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.