FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1806894-earn-trueblue-points-amazon-com.html)

sbm12 Dec 5, 2016 7:29 am

Earn TrueBlue points with amazon.com

Earn 3 points/dollar for shopping at amazon.com effective immediately. Have to click through from your TrueBlue page and complete the transaction within 24 hours to get the points. Nice way to add to a TrueBlue account if you're shopping online anyways.

http://blog.wandr.me/wp-content/uplo...on-earning.jpg

https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/amazon

The deal with Amazon also extends the free FlyFi offering which is more good news and which is further detailed in my story about the news.

LIH Prem Dec 5, 2016 6:28 pm

I don't see an exclusion for amazon gift cards. Are they eligible?

Stacking opportunity with the Amex/Amazon 3x offer.

hybryd131 Dec 6, 2016 9:56 pm

Time to post

Does anyone have experience with how long these partner awards take to post to your account on JetBlue? I did see that the fine print says 60 days, just wondering if that typically ends up sooner or you have to fight to get them after the period passes. I've dealt with both across airlines over the years.

DaveInLA Dec 7, 2016 11:00 am

I made a purchase on 12/5, will keep an eye out for it.

maxp0wers Dec 7, 2016 1:07 pm

The T&Cs say "for every dollar spent", however, i wonder if store bought amazon gift cards or the MXP app gift cards would let you stack?

For now, AMEX has 3x points on the EDP card until end of the year, so probably safest to use that for all holiday purchases now. But will try stacking in January ( unless anyone wants to try it out first and let us know! )

RWPrincess Dec 7, 2016 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by hybryd131 (Post 27575963)
Does anyone have experience with how long these partner awards take to post to your account on JetBlue? I did see that the fine print says 60 days, just wondering if that typically ends up sooner or you have to fight to get them after the period passes. I've dealt with both across airlines over the years.

Every partner is different. Some of them post immediately while others take forever. I'm still waiting for Hilton points from the 1st week of October but the stated policy for Hilton is 8-12 weeks. I'll call when the dust settles from the site crash today.

RWPrincess Dec 7, 2016 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers (Post 27578903)
The T&Cs say "for every dollar spent", however, i wonder if store bought amazon gift cards or the MXP app gift cards would let you stack?

The program is for purchases on Amazon.com website only. I think the OP was pretty clear about that. Amazon Gift Cards purchased at other retailers or on an app are an entirely different financial model and are not being sold from the Amazon.com site.

LIH Prem Dec 7, 2016 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess (Post 27579247)
The program is for purchases on Amazon.com website only. I think the OP was pretty clear about that. Amazon Gift Cards purchased at other retailers or on an app are an entirely different financial model and are not being sold from the Amazon.com site.

This is what I meant in post #2. To spell it out:

Use the Jetblue promo link to amazon.com to buy amazon gift card (or anything else). I bought an e-gift card and sent it to myself.

Pay with the Amex card with the 3x MR offer on it.

We should get points for both offers as best I can tell.

I agree there's no way this can work with a third party link or MPX because you aren't using the jetblue/amazon link to amazon.com to make the purchase. In the MPX case, you are just buying an amazon gift card through MPX, so you might actually get other offers but you can't stack the Jetblue offer with MPX.

ETA/Correction: You should be able to use MPX, which is just buying an Amazon gift card, then credit the gift card to your amazon account, then use the JB link to shop for and buy something on amazon and pay with the gift card. Most of us think that this type of stacking will work.

-David

RWPrincess Dec 7, 2016 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 27579319)
This is what I meant in post #2. To spell it out:

Use the Jetblue promo link to amazon.com to buy amazon gift card (or anything else). I bought an e-gift card and sent it to myself.

Pay with the Amex card with the 3x MR offer on it.

We should get points for both purchases as best I can tell.

I agree there's no way this can work with a third party link or MPX because you aren't using the jetblue/amazon link to amazon.com to make the purchase. In the MPX case, you are just buying an amazon gift card through MPX, so you might actually get other offers but you can't stack the Jetblue offer with MPX.

-David

Gotcha. I don't have an Amex so am not familiar with their card offers but what you stated about the 3x MR sounds reasonable to me.

maxp0wers Dec 7, 2016 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess (Post 27579247)

Not what i was asking about.

I was talking about going through the portal and using already purchased gift cards or your gift card balance already in amazon for a purchase. Some portals let you do that, some do not.

Obviously just walking into a store and buying an amazon gc is not going to give you bonus points through this portal.

diburning Dec 7, 2016 4:43 pm

From what I've read on the ad on FlyFi, it said that you must click through using a unique link from your TB profile, and then and only then will it start tracking what you add to your cart. You have 24 hours from arriving at the site to check out to earn your points.

I'm not sure if buying a GC counts as an item or if paying by GC counts as a payment.

sbm12 Dec 8, 2016 2:44 am

I believe that paying by gift card will count. I think there's a pretty good opportunity to triple dip on this deal, buying a gift card via the UA MileagePlusX app and then using that to pay for the purchase.

As for the timing, Amazon reports numbers to affiliate partners on a monthly basis. I receive mine 60 days after the close of the month where the activity took place (e.g. on December 1st I received data for September 2016). JetBlue would then have to process that data and credit the points. I would not expect the timing to be too much faster for them.

As for the 24-hour window to complete a transaction, that's also tied to the way Amazon runs its affiliate program. Make sure you're not using an ad-blocking utility that blocks tracking cookies or you can also expect to not receive the points.

hybryd131 Dec 9, 2016 8:15 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 27581725)
I believe that paying by gift card will count. I think there's a pretty good opportunity to triple dip on this deal, buying a gift card via the UA MileagePlusX app and then using that to pay for the purchase.

As for the timing, Amazon reports numbers to affiliate partners on a monthly basis. I receive mine 60 days after the close of the month where the activity took place (e.g. on December 1st I received data for September 2016). JetBlue would then have to process that data and credit the points. I would not expect the timing to be too much faster for them.

As for the 24-hour window to complete a transaction, that's also tied to the way Amazon runs its affiliate program. Make sure you're not using an ad-blocking utility that blocks tracking cookies or you can also expect to not receive the points.

Thanks for the info. That brings a bit more light to the 60 day window. However, the JetBlue fine print says we should receive the points within 60 days AFTER your purchase has been shipped. If we get the miles 60 days after the close of the month then it would be impossible for JetBlue to ever deliver within that 60 day window. I wonder if that means they accelerated the affiliate timeline by a month. That would line up with the 60 day window. A purchase on the 1st of September would post ~60 days later on the 1st of November.

maxp0wers Dec 9, 2016 12:53 pm

i just ordered through the portal. I had a $65 gift card balance i used, that left .34 cents outstanding. Paid that by credit card.

I'll let everyone know how the mixed order posts when it comes around.

be001 Dec 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Jetblue is really making a nice push on all fronts. Love it. The big boys needed something to compete with. Great airline