Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Massive Mint growth coming in 2017 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive Mint growth coming in 2017 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
You seriously compare BA J with B6 Mint?? Must be joking.
He may be comparing BA F with mint..
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hiima
Originally Posted by scolbath
Yes, but the outcome might be different, because Mint will be competing with e.g. BA's business class product, not domestic AA/DL first.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by N830MH
Please be BOS-BSL. Come on JetBlue. Says something!
if I can fly SEA-BOS-BSL on Mint I might just fly that instead of YVR-xxx-ZRH lol
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

You seriously compare BA J with B6 Mint?? Must be joking.
Agreed. I'd fly Mint over Club World every time.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: Free agent
If they go TATL with the LR's I'm going to be first in line to book Mint to London (Gatwick I'm assuming, LHR would be tough to find a gate at).

What would everyone guess for a JFK->LON RT in Mint? $700-800 per leg?

The LR's will likely run into the same issues as 757's on that route though, winter wind diversions. JFK is right on the edge of the range.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
What would everyone guess for a JFK->LON RT in Mint? $700-800 per leg?
Maybe that low for an intro fare. More like $999 at a minimum on normal days is my guess.

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
The LR's will likely run into the same issues as 757's on that route though, winter wind diversions. JFK is right on the edge of the range.
Shouldn't be any issues LON-JFK, even if they go higher density on it. Into continental Europe is where things get challenging. The 757s rarely diverted from the UK/Ireland; it was Scandinavia, Hamburg, Berlin and the Iberian Peninsula destinations that had issues more frequently.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
This is great news. ^
Looking forward to my first Mint flight in a couple of weeks.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
He was giving me [moderator edit], Dieuwer :-)

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jul 29, 2016 at 3:22 pm Reason: Disguised profanity barred by FT rules.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: TrueBlue
One airline that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Norwegian. They're expanding their offerings out of Boston and they're all brand spanking new 787 Dreamliners. I flew one from Bergen, Norway to JFK 2 years ago and was VERY favorably impressed.

Now they're flying out of Boston and you can get to London Gatwick, Copenhagen and Oslo. The prices were very low (even after adding their 'package' of reserved seat, checked bag and meal upsells), the seats were comfortable and you had good screens on the seatback with a USB power port in every seat.

I think THEY are going to be the competition for JetBlue's budget-minded flyers.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by djplong
One airline that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Norwegian. They're expanding their offerings out of Boston and they're all brand spanking new 787 Dreamliners. I flew one from Bergen, Norway to JFK 2 years ago and was VERY favorably impressed.

Now they're flying out of Boston and you can get to London Gatwick, Copenhagen and Oslo.
That's a great point. I've heard fantastic reviews of their premium cabin, which is supposedly even comfier then LH PE, more akin to BarcaLounger-style J. I think they'll be our carrier of choice if we take a winter trip to CPH.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Also tough as BA F is the best business product in the world.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:48 am

V interesting news considering Aer Lingus potentially looking to target secondary US destinations with the A321lr in the next few years...
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Also tough as BA F is the best business product in the world.
Really? Of the big three Euro carriers (AF, BA and LH), I would say BA is actually the worst of those three in F. Large cabin and sub-par terminal experience at least when compared with AF and LH.

If B6 does actually enter the Euro market, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a not insignificant amount of flyers migrate to them, especially in economy but almost certainly in premium cabin as well. B6 has managed to cultivate a loyal following up here.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
TCON J/F fares were high as well. Easily $1000+ ow. Then, JetBlue swept in with Mint and fares dropped.
And they're often back up to $2k/rt. There are very few flights at $1200/rt whenever I search, and when there are they are the first and/or last flights of the day.

Originally Posted by scolbath
Yes, but the outcome might be different, because Mint will be competing with e.g. BA's business class product, not domestic AA/DL first.
B6 Mint doesn't compete with AA/DL domestic F, it competes with an international J product, with some slight changes owing to the shorter length of flight (eg: one meal service instead of two).
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Really? Of the big three Euro carriers (AF, BA and LH), I would say BA is actually the worst of those three in F. Large cabin and sub-par terminal experience at least when compared with AF and LH.

If B6 does actually enter the Euro market, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a not insignificant amount of flyers migrate to them, especially in economy but almost certainly in premium cabin as well. B6 has managed to cultivate a loyal following up here.
Read it again. :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.