Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

The Lounge at BOS Terminal C open to Priority Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lounge at BOS Terminal C open to Priority Pass

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Just visited yesterday. I thought it was nicer than the AA and UA lounges in B. The food was salads, sandwiches and soup (good clam chowder), with various snacks such as chips, gourmet popcorns, cookies, granola bars. As noted, there is currently no stand-up bar, but they had plenty of servers who would get you any drink you wanted. They have Mumms Napa, and I like a little champagne in the lounge. There were only a handful of people there. I gather it is mainly used by Aer Lingus and Emirates (it was full of Irish newspapers). Not worth a trip to C to just to visit it, but if you are in C (as I am when connecting to Cape Air), it is a very good place to wait.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Updates From The Lounge

I also checked out the lounge a couple of days ago:

Entering: They do ask for your boarding pass initially when you enter, and then the prioirty pass card. This brings up a couple of questions: If you were in the terminal on a gate pass or as a badged employee, would you be able to access the lounge without a same day boarding pass? If you arrive inbound in to BOS can you use your inbound boarding pass for lounge admittance? Do they rally need your boarding pass, or do they more use it just as a quicker way of scanning in your information? In other words, if you just had the priority pass card would you be set? I know that Amex lounges you really are supposed to have a same day boarding pass but it can be one where you are inbound in to the airport where the lounge is.

Also once they scan your boarding pass and either scan or enter your priority pass card (I used the app based digital card) they have you sign on the screen, and then a receipt prints out saying you were admitted to the lounge. I also saw mainly Air Lingus passengers.

I agree the clam chowder and pop corn snacks were good. The sandwiches were ok but really small finger sandwiches.

I also really appreciated that they have bottles of water that you can take! Even the Amex lounges they apparently at least in LAS don't have bottles of water you can carry out!

I might be able to go later this week again so I can try to ask the staff those above detailed questions about admittance. I am also curious what they offer during breakfast times?
Old May 10, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Entering: They do ask for your boarding pass initially when you enter, and then the prioirty pass card. This brings up a couple of questions: If you were in the terminal on a gate pass or as a badged employee, would you be able to access the lounge without a same day boarding pass? If you arrive inbound in to BOS can you use your inbound boarding pass for lounge admittance?
Every Priority Pass lounge I've visited allows admittance with an arriving flight -- it's quite common with international arrivals, since of course people want to freshen up after a long-haul flight. I'm confident this one will be no different.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:11 am

Just been there

Just visited the lounge and took some pictures!

Here is the photo link:
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/Ca...ostonTerminalC

In general, it's a pretty nice space with good continental breakfast spread and yes there's a pancake machine! I like it better than the Airspace lounge at JFK!

Name:  B4D99764-8D4C-4E17-87FC-3262A722CA07_zpsfniss6u6.jpg
Views: 5289
Size:  236.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0394_zpsejddzfsr.jpg
Views: 4952
Size:  161.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0404_zps1upkuh17.jpg
Views: 4977
Size:  160.2 KB
Attached Images   

Last edited by Carfield; May 12, 2016 at 6:24 pm
Old May 11, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Thanks for the pics! The upholstered furniture looks totally random, like they were remainders or bought at an auction. Not a complaint, just an observation. With my new Mosaic status and this lounge, I plan to be flying B6 a lot more this year.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
Thanks for the pics! The upholstered furniture looks totally random, like they were remainders or bought at an auction. Not a complaint, just an observation. With my new Mosaic status and this lounge, I plan to be flying B6 a lot more this year.
Yup, wasn't that furniture (lounge chars and granite tables) in the RCC err United Club prior to the move??? Will have to check this out at some point...
Old May 13, 2016, 2:06 pm

Is that a pancake machine like the Alaska lounges?
Old May 13, 2016, 5:44 pm

Yes they are the same pancake machines used by Alaska Airlines Board Room!

Carfield
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Dumb Question. Does the PP Card allow more than one person in? How much are guests? Going to be flying B6 with the family this week.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Guests - Depends On Your Priority Pass or Other Plan

The procedures for guests depend on what kind of Priority Pass or other card plan you have. I believe this lounge accepts not only Priority Pass but other similar membership plans.

With regard to Priority Pass, for example:

Priority Pass associated with Amex Platinum: Each guest is billed at $27.
Priority Pass associated with Citi Prestige Card: Allows up to 2 guests complimentary per visit plus family. So if you travel with guests, the Prestige is by far the better deal!

There may be a provision with Amex to admit family, I am not sure.

How did you get your Priority Pass or other membership that you plan to use?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by hi55us
Dumb Question. Does the PP Card allow more than one person in? How much are guests? Going to be flying B6 with the family this week.
That all depends on your PP membership terms. Keep in mind the lounge has no idea what your allowances are, they just swipe the card and enter in how many guests you've brought. PP handles the billing for guests as applicable. I mention it only because if you ask at the lounge, they'll really not know how to help you.

Amex Platinum's PP Select gives you guests at $27 each. Citi Prestige's PP Select gives you two guests free or immediate family, additional at $27 each. If you got PP some other way, you'll have to refer to the terms you signed up under.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
That all depends on your PP membership terms. Keep in mind the lounge has no idea what your allowances are, they just swipe the card and enter in how many guests you've brought. PP handles the billing for guests as applicable. I mention it only because if you ask at the lounge, they'll really not know how to help you.

Amex Platinum's PP Select gives you guests at $27 each. Citi Prestige's PP Select gives you two guests free or immediate family, additional at $27 each. If you got PP some other way, you'll have to refer to the terms you signed up under.
OK, I have the Amex Platinum, too bad they can't match Citi on this... just another reason why I'm going to cancel once my current AF is out.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Every Priority Pass lounge I've visited allows admittance with an arriving flight -- it's quite common with international arrivals, since of course people want to freshen up after a long-haul flight. I'm confident this one will be no different.
I can add another data point for getting admitted upon arrival with PP and B6 (arriving) boarding pass, around EK night departure. There were some "resistance" (not really, the desk person had some trouble getting my credentials entered with mobile arriving boarding pass, so he says), but all was good and they let me in.

So, we now have lounge access at all US Mint locations, with AMEX/PP Select? (BOS/C-The Lounge, JFK/5-Airspace, LAX/3-VX Loft, SFO/A-AF?)
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Can anyone who's visited this lounge since its reopening and the opening of the Terminal C<>E connector compare it to the LH Senator Lounge in Terminal E? We're flying LH BOS>MUC this evening, and normally we'd head to the Senator lounge before our flight -- but I've always hated how small and cramped it feels without windows. It can also get crowded around LH's afternoon/evening departure times.

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Can anyone who's visited this lounge since its reopening and the opening of the Terminal C<>E connector compare it to the LH Senator Lounge in Terminal E? We're flying LH BOS>MUC this evening, and normally we'd head to the Senator lounge before our flight -- but I've always hated how small and cramped it feels without windows. It can also get crowded around LH's afternoon/evening departure times.

Thanks!
The windows situation is much better; it was not busy when I was there (last Friday morning so likely few business travelers) but even with more people it would likely be less claustrophobic than the Sen lounge. Food is unlikely to be as good.

I was struck by how friendly the staff was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.