Wiki Posts
Search

BOS mess 2/14/16

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
BOS mess 2/14/16

Anyone know why jetBlue has been such a mess at Logan today? I've been listening to LiveATC all day and jetBlue planes are delayed left and right while other airlines are on-time. There's no weather here other than the fact that it's cold (wind chills of -20.) The attachment is a snippet from FlightStats of scheduled arrivals between 12 & 6 PM; about 1/3 of the flights are on-time and some of those that are late are really late (2 hours+ in many cases; 2580, EWR-BOS, is 8.5 hours late.). I primarily ask because I'm on a flight tomorrow morning and I hope this doesn't ripple.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Anyone know why jetBlue has been such a mess at Logan today? I've been listening to LiveATC all day and jetBlue planes are delayed left and right while other airlines are on-time. There's no weather here other than the fact that it's cold (wind chills of -20.) The attachment is a snippet from FlightStats of scheduled arrivals between 12 & 6 PM; about 1/3 of the flights are on-time and some of those that are late are really late (2 hours+ in many cases; 2580, EWR-BOS, is 8.5 hours late.). I primarily ask because I'm on a flight tomorrow morning and I hope this doesn't ripple.
The first two flights to RDU were cancelled this morning, I'm assuming due to the sleet and freezing rain in the mid-Atlantic region. I'm on the 11:10 flight now (was originally in the 6:35), so I'm very much hoping that the mess is cleaned up now.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:05 am

I heard that the severe cold created issues such as the lavs freezing on planes that sat outside overnight.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
All depends on route. Snow turning to freezing rain in the mid-Atlantic may affect B6's major hub at JFK and beyond.

What goes on with other carriers is dependent on those other carriers' routes and their hubs.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by danib62
I heard that the severe cold created issues such as the lavs freezing on planes that sat outside overnight.
That plus some of the trucks supplying fresh water froze up as well. Combine that with the weather mess farther south and you get the sort of cluster that started Sunday and continued Monday. My RDU flight out of Boston was delayed 2.5 hours due to weather at BWI affecting the inbound flight.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I had friends on an early JetBlue flight that morning. They sat for nearly 2 hours at the gate -- first waiting for fuel (the pilot said that several crews called in sick), and then waiting for a heating truck to thaw out the lav.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.