Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

BOS-DEN $69 OW, turns from $177 on ITA, but can't book on B6.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P. Former DL FO in the Golden Age of Mileage Runs

Looking for travel BOS-DEN in Jan, found several days with $177 RTs on ITA doing a monthly search, 2-5 days. They include a $68 outbound and a $110 return; the $68 BOS-DEN shows up on ITA as a OW. However, I can not find this on any travel site, and the fare rules say:
Category 15: Sales restrictions
SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS.
FARES MAY ONLY BE SOLD BY TRAVEL AGENTS.
TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3.
Not sure if anyone has run in to this before, or if B6 is hiding these fares somewhere, or if I should call a TA to try to get them (to travel agents even exist anymore)? Or if it's a mistake fare, but it's not *that* low.

FWIW, fares said they have to be purchased by the 25th and there's lots of availability. UA and B6 both have fares in the $220 range so that's not too bad, anyway, but $177 would be sweet (to get some snow; it may never snow here in BOS).
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just went to the JetBlue website and see those fares all over the place. http://www.jetblue.com/bestfarefinder/#/

Plenty of options for such.

I was searching as one-way trips since all JetBlue travel is priced that way but it should be relatively easy to purchase these fares directly from the company. And, FWIW, I see the fares on Orbitz, too. What OTA were you trying and not seeing them??
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I just went to the JetBlue website and see those fares all over the place. http://www.jetblue.com/bestfarefinder/#/

Plenty of options for such.

I was searching as one-way trips since all JetBlue travel is priced that way but it should be relatively easy to purchase these fares directly from the company. And, FWIW, I see the fares on Orbitz, too. What OTA were you trying and not seeing them??
You can see them on the BFF, but when you go to book they disappear and the higher prices come up. Quite the bait and switch.

Orbitz also shows the higher fares, and I think I also looked at Kayak and Travelocity last night. If I could find them on an OTA it would be a good way to get the $100 fare guarantee.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by vitira
You can see them on the BFF, but when you go to book they disappear and the higher prices come up. Quite the bait and switch.
What specific date(s) are you looking for? I was able to click through and confirm a ticket as advertised.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by vitira
to travel agents even exist anymore
Yes they do in multitude. I happen to be one.

The B6 site can be tricky to navigate. Sometimes to get a special fare, you have to initiate from the sale page as sbm12 suggested. You may not see the same fares starting at the homepage.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
You may not see the same fares starting at the homepage.
That is actually not the case here. The Best Fare Finder is a generic search, not a special sale which involves a promo code.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
What specific date(s) are you looking for? I was able to click through and confirm a ticket as advertised.
I was trying the 8th.

I hear from my coworker (a big B6 fan) that their IT dept can be somewhat lacking.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
The least expensive one way fare on B6 between BOS and DEN in January is $108.10 - fare basis PL4ADON5 - with a 14 day advance purchase - valid on Tues, Wed, and Sat. I found numerous flights with this fare. Round trip is double. This is a published fare available on Sabre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.