Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Status of BOS terminal? Still need to show up early?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Last month I was buying tickets for a post-Dec 18th trip and there was an alert at the top of the website saying that because of construction at the BOS terminal, we should show up at least 2hrs before domestic flights through Dec 18th.

It's not Dec 18th, but the alert isn't there anymore. Have things returned to "normal"? Should we still be showing up extra-early? FWIW, the flight in question is 9:40am on a weekday.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'd say for Boston one should *always* show up early because it could snow, or the Red Sox could win, or a host of other reasons AFAIK the construction has died down, but I've successfully avoided BOS for a few months now so I can't say for sure.

-J.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It was never really that bad to begin with. I wouldn't show up before 8:30a with that departure time, especially if no checked bags.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Terminal C can be a pain around the morning rush regardless of construction. I know that the construction is ongoing. They rebuilt the north side, should be finishing if not already finished with tearing out the center portion and should be working on the south side soon.

Eventually, JetBlue will have all of the south side, west side (the current location of the counters), and about half of the north side. The center will be made into a lobby, similar to a hotel lobby with sofas, chairs, and tables.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I flew in and out on 10/31 with no issues whatsoever.

I find that in situations such as this, if there is a serious delay issue, you'll get an email from JetBlue as well as few weeks before the flight. All Summer long and part of Spring, I was getting emails about the runway construction at JFK and to be prepared for flight delays. A very nice touch considering I never once saw that from any other airlines.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
All Summer long and part of Spring, I was getting emails about the runway construction at JFK and to be prepared for flight delays. A very nice touch considering I never once saw that from any other airlines.
I got similar emails from DL for my JFK flights, and regularly get them when there is construction/etc at other airports (cough, LAX, cough cough).
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
I got similar emails from DL for my JFK flights, and regularly get them when there is construction/etc at other airports (cough, LAX, cough cough).
Interesting because I flew Delta out of JFK during the same timeframe and never got anything.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I get emails from JetBlue sporadically for JFK... I used to get them for every flight but now maybe 25% of the time. Which is a good thing. I understand JFK is, has been, and will always be a mess!

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.