Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Deceptive JetBlue Price "Guarantee"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deceptive JetBlue Price "Guarantee"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue, Delta, American
Angry Deceptive JetBlue Price "Guarantee"

JetBlue has always been much less deceptive than its competitors. That is why I am saddened to post this. JetBlue advertises its "best fare guarantee" as follows: "We guarantee it! The lowest JetBlue fares are always here on jetblue.com. And if by any chance you find a lower JetBlue fare elsewhere on the same day of purchase, we'll give you a $100 credit good for travel on JetBlue." In addition, JetBlue has what it represents as "honoring a lower fare policy." It states as follows: "JetBlue offers travel agents the ability to rebook down to a lower fare prior to travel if a decrease in price occurs after a ticket has been issued. Effective June 30, 2015, there will be a fee based on the fare option booked associated with honoring a lower fare on tickets exchanged 15 days or more after the original booking date." On November 3 I booked three round trip tickets with a fare of ~$360. each. When my plans changed on November 30 I changed the dates and flights with a new fare of $770. each. The JetBlue supervisor was kind enough to waive the $135. change fees. This morning I see that the fare dropped by ~$60. each. JetBlue, however, refuses to honor the lower fare or permit me to cancel and rebook without assessing a fee of $70. each. Today's supervisor, Michelle, explains that even though new tickets were issued yesterday the clock started ticking on the 15 day window for a fee free "lower fare" on November 3 -- 27 days before the tickets were issued. JetBlue is getting in excess of $2,300. from me instead of $1,100. because of my change in travel plans. To refuse to honor an aggregate price drop of less than $200. is offensive and petty.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Welcome to FlyerTalk. This isn't deceptive at all-- your tickets were booked on November 3rd, and then simply changed on the 30th--it is still the same reservation. Now, if you had cancelled the reservation and then rebooked, the clock would start on the 30th.

They waived the change fees for you, something very few airlines will do, and you still want more?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
B6 has not been deceptive, offensive or petty.

Your tickets were booked on 11/3. It is now 12/1. Those are not the same days.

Please make sure that you send a nice note to B6 commending the first supervisor for going above and beyond what was required in order to give you a break to which you were not entitled.

You gambled buying early and lost.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by macbjg
When my plans changed on November 30 I changed the dates and flights with a new fare of $770. each. The JetBlue supervisor was kind enough to waive the $135. change fees. This morning I see that the fare dropped by ~$60. each. JetBlue, however, refuses to honor the lower fare... To refuse to honor an aggregate price drop of less than $200. is offensive and petty.
You already got a lot more than you're entitled to. JetBlue guarantees that the fare you buy today is the lowest available today. They do not guarantee that there won't ever be a lower fare available between purchase day and departure day. Airfares rise and fall all the time. You decide when and whether to drop the dime. Nothing "offensive" or "deceptive" about the airline's practice.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BearX220
They do not guarantee that there won't ever be a lower fare available between purchase day and departure day.
Well, they do still offer the 14-day price drop guarantee.
If you are rebooking within 14 days of purchase and prior to departure, there is no fee to honor the lower fare found on a JetBlue-operated flight.
The OP wanted the 14 days to reset with each successive change to the ticket. Not completely unreasonable to want it but probably unreasonable to demand it given the published policy.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
We all want many things. But, that doesn't excuse OP's choice of words or attitude when he got more than he was entitled to.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:48 am

So the OP copy and pasted "after the original booking date", from the terms and might not understand definition of "original"?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:18 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
As far as I know, the only airline that provides 100% benefit from any price decrease is Southwest. I use their free change feature to downfare many times each year. The benefit to the company is that it encourages early booking, capturing the customer's money for eventual (within a year) use on one flight or another.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nsx
As far as I know, the only airline that provides 100% benefit from any price decrease is Southwest. I use their free change feature to downfare many times each year. The benefit to the company is that it encourages early booking, capturing the customer's money for eventual (within a year) use on one flight or another.
AS does, too, it turns out. But only for price drops on the same flight, not "banking" the cash to spend elsewhere eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.