Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Should I get the current Jetblue Amex or wait for new CC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

I was wondering about the viability of getting the current version of the Amex - Jetblue Card and then churning it when the Barclay cards comes along? (however it seems I maybe auto-transferred so this plan may backfire).

Should I just wait for the Barclays card to come out?

I recently got the Delta SkyMiles (less than 2 weeks ago)..so not sure I should open another CC if not needed.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
In my experience with situations like this is you get notice decently in advance about the transition giving you time to apply for the new card on your own for the bonus and/or canceling the existing card. With that in mind I'd go for the currently available Amex unless you have a lot of cards and it would jeopardize you getting the Barclays card.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:56 pm

Just FYI there is no currently available Jetblue Amex. All application pages have been shut down including those through jetblue.com and americanexpress.com. I only know this because I wanted to apply as well but no dice. Looks like we'll just have to wait for the Barclays card to come out.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Ahhh thank you so much...guess I missed out but look forward to the new card...hope it is worthwhile...never got the Amex one because the award wasn't particularly enticing.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Yep, they stopped accepting applications in October.

Anyone know how long it takes to transfer a line of credit to another card and then shut down a card? I'll have about a four-day window at the end of the year to do all of this

-J.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:21 am

According to FA on flight I am currently on, the new cards will be a Mchg from Barclay, issued during Q1...he thought there would be a bunch of promotions, possibly continuing the free drinks offered currently during the AMEX wind down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.