Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three-class A321 LAX-JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Three-class A321 LAX-JFK?

Apologies for a newbie question - I'm pretty much a B6 newbie.

A year or so ago they initiated three-class LAX-JFK service, with lie-flat beds in biz and first. Seemed awesome.

Today I'm having trouble understanding what that product has become. ITA shows A320 on the route, and offers I and D fares (biz). SeatGuru doesn't have seat maps for the flights I looked at. And I couldn't find anything specific about a/c configuration or seating on the JetBlue web site. Help?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Jetblue calls the product Mint and it on 321s, not 320s. There is not 'First' but there are two different types of 'Business' or Mint seat: There are 12 lie-flat seats and there are 4 suites.

Seatguru isn't always dependable, but this is their page for the plane FWIW:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet...1_transcon.php

And this is Jetblue's page regarding the Mint product, including video of the cabin and information about what routes Mint is deployed on:
http://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jetblue/mint/
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm not sure why ITA shows an A320. It's very possible that JetBlue's less-than-stellar system is reporting an A320 (I've seen the aircraft type on JetBlue's website as "A320" when booking Mint) If it lets you book in Mint, you're going to have a Mint configured A321.

Mint is JetBlue's lie-flat transcon product. JetBlue doesn't describe it as First or Business, just Mint. If you're looking for seat maps, you'll see it as either First or Business depending on what the site feels like rating it.

It's a premium cabin with lie-flat seats. They serve a (very good) meal, comes with two checked bags, and other amenities. The premium cabin is only one cabin, but has two types of seats, single suite seats, and paired seats. The suite seats exist because they needed to stagger the seating for space. (the footwell for the suite seat is under the center armrest column for the paired seats and vice versa)
Old Sep 27, 2015, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks to the respondents for the clear and useful information.

john

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.