Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

DirecTV SFO-JFK East or West Coast Feed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry

I'm booking a flight on 11/22 and hoping to watch the Seahawks/49ers game on Fox, however it's always unclear [to me] whether the game will be nationally televised.

The only way I can ensure it will be (aside from it possibly being flexed to Sunday night) is if the DirecTV feed from SFO-JFK is a west coast feed.

Is it? And, of course, I am assuming the A321s have Fox. Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
I'm booking a flight on 11/22 and hoping to watch the Seahawks/49ers game on Fox, however it's always unclear [to me] whether the game will be nationally televised.

The only way I can ensure it will be (aside from it possibly being flexed to Sunday night) is if the DirecTV feed from SFO-JFK is a west coast feed.

Is it? And, of course, I am assuming the A321s have Fox. Thanks for any help.
To my knowledge, all DirecTV network feeds on JetBlue are east coast feeds from NYC (except for CW, which is from Wash. DC) regardless of origin or destination.

As for NFL games, many--myself included--are hoping that JetBlue will announce a partnership to get Sunday Ticket in-flight, possibly via streaming, like their MLB partnership that's currently running.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Nope. As moulder3 said, it's all from NYC (except for CW).

Go Hawks! >"<

-J.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both. Sunday Ticket would be a godsend. Even RedZone would easily keep me occupied for the duration of a transcon. One can dream...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
They already have the redzone channel
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

On that note, is there a list somewhere of the DirecTV channels available on the transcon A321s?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
On that note, is there a list somewhere of the DirecTV channels available on the transcon A321s?
http://www2.jetblue.com/flying-on-je...-guide-321.pdf

Link found here.

-J.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA1K
considering the fact that the niners/hawks game is the only game on fox in the 4PM time slot...there is an excellent chance that will be on national tv. so you should be fine to watch the NY local fox channel since they will air it.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Check out The506.com a few days before the game. They'll have broadcast maps for that (and every weekend)'s games for FOX and CBS.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:02 pm

i can confirm that this game is "america's game of the week" on fox for that day. so this will be a national broadcast with the only other nfl game in the 4pm time slot on CBS and that is regional (bengals v cardinals).

so OP shouldn't have to worry about missing the game.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haddon90
i can confirm that this game is "america's game of the week" on fox for that day. so this will be a national broadcast with the only other nfl game in the 4pm time slot on CBS and that is regional (bengals v cardinals).

so OP shouldn't have to worry about missing the game.
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:05 pm
Suspended

The game is gonna stink for us 49er fans... They've already lost.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

FYI, Packers/Vikings is on FOX for everyone except the broad swath of land between Seattle and San Francisco, and since it's the NY feed, I got hosed. Not that I was necessarily interested in watching the 49er game anymore anyway...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:54 pm

FYI, Packers/Vikings is on FOX for everyone except the broad swath of land between Seattle and San Francisco, and since it's the NY feed, I got hosed. Not that I was necessarily interested in watching the 49er game anymore anyway...
yeah i was not expecting the SF/SEA game not be the national game. with the niners just falling off the map and the vikings playing well, it made sense for them to switch it.

the last 3-4 years though, SF/SEA is the game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.