Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue connection time out of JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I'm new to flyer talk so am not sure I have posted this in the right area, but have looked extensively for a post in a similar situation and cannot find it.

I have never been to JFK but in July have an AA MEL-LAX-JFK flight with customs/immigration at LAX that arrives into JFK at 8:05pm. There is a jet blue flight that I would like to connect to that goes to orlando at I believe 9:55pm. I think this would require going from terminal 8 to terminal 5? Would this be a realistic connection or should I aim for the first flight out the next morning? I am in flagship first class so that would help with getting off the plane faster but probably not the bags, so I'm not sure if I would make changing terminals and checking the bag in again. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Sarah
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:29 pm

Plenty of time. The AirTrain will get you from one terminal to the next.
http://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/j...re-english.pdf

and welcome to FT!

Last edited by NYCRuss; Feb 6, 2015 at 7:35 pm
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - I take it that you are not connecting at JFK, but rather on separate tickets. The time on the ground is a big risk because if your inbound is delayed, AA will not rebook you and B6 will simply treat you as a noshow. All presuming the separate tickets.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Yes... they would be ticketed separately. I wasn't sure how it would go changing terminals, since at LAX it was super easy last time. Maybe I should just look into a hotel near the airport and not risk it.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Changing terminals at JFK and LAX is similar, though it depends on the terminal. In LAX some are connected inside security and some are not. At JFK the ones you need are not. The AirTrain between the terminals is (usually) efficient and convenient and typically a 1:40 connection would not be a problem to make. But collecting bags, changing terminals and then rechecking bags in advance of the check-in cut-off time could be challenging, especially as it is your first time in JFK and on separate tickets.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just to be clear. OP is not connecting. He is on separate tickets. He has no protecction if he no shows for his xJFK.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by sbm12
Changing terminals at JFK and LAX is similar, though it depends on the terminal. In LAX some are connected inside security and some are not. At JFK the ones you need are not. The AirTrain between the terminals is (usually) efficient and convenient and typically a 1:40 connection would not be a problem to make. But collecting bags, changing terminals and then rechecking bags in advance of the check-in cut-off time could be challenging, especially as it is your first time in JFK and on separate tickets.
The airtrain runs about every 5-8 minutes...There's a long walk however from the airtrain jetblue station to the terminal itself, close to 10 minutes....at Jetblue, it helps if you have TSA-PRE. If not, you can purchase "EVEN MORE SPEED" for your jetblue flight for about $15 which will give you access to a dedicated fast security line.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hughw
There's a long walk however from the airtrain jetblue station to the terminal itself, close to 10 minutes....at Jetblue
I could crawl it in less than 10 minutes.

It is long but not egregious. And there are moving sidewalks the whole way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.