Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Porter Just Announced Partnership with JetBlue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Porter Just Announced Partnership with JetBlue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
@FlyerGoldII, From the wording on the website the flights are YTZ-BOS-XXX and do not include the whole of either airlines network.

[QUOTE=FlyerGoldII;28800740]My niece called Jet Blue agent from Grenada - trying to book this one way combined Porter/Jet Blue flights I found on google flights (Canada). I wonder what is the reason that the agent could not book this itinerary (see below)?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My niece called Jet Blue agent from Grenada - trying to book this one way combined Porter/Jet Blue flights I found on google flights (Canada). I wonder what is the reason that the agent could not book this itinerary (see below)?
This most likely is just an end-on-end ticket. Actually, I think it prices slightly cheaper if you buy YOW-BOS from Porter and BOS-GND from JetBlue separately. And you've got a forced overnight in BOS anyways.

Also, JFK-GND is cheaper than BOS-GND for Sunday while YOW-BOS/EWR is a wash. Depending on overnight costs and the schlep from EWR to JFK that could save some cash along the way.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
[QUOTE=Yoshi212;28800805]@FlyerGoldII, From the wording on the website the flights are YTZ-BOS-XXX and do not include the whole of either airlines network.

My niece called Jet Blue agent from Grenada - trying to book this one way combined Porter/Jet Blue flights I found on google flights (Canada). I wonder what is the reason that the agent could not book this itinerary (see below)?
Can you provide a link to the web site with the statement on the Jet Blue/Porter relationship? I could not find it.

But whatever the wording - google flights had listed the itinerary I posted as valid. So my question is this - is the google flights itinerary valid and the Jet Blue agent could not book a ticket with that itinerary; or was the google flights itinerary invalid, and un-bookable?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
When you found the itinerary on Google Flights did it list the flight numbers and a direction to call the airline or?

Can you provide a link to the web site with the statement on the Jet Blue/Porter relationship? I could not find it.

But whatever the wording - google flights had listed the itinerary I posted as valid. So my question is this - is the google flights itinerary valid and the Jet Blue agent could not book a ticket with that itinerary; or was the google flights itinerary invalid, and un-bookable?

"BOOK NOWwith Porter Airlines, link opens a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as JetBlue
Grab your bags and take off from Toronto City Airport (YTZ), conveniently located in downtown Toronto, Canada, and connect to more than 50 destinations with Porter and JetBlue. Flights are available daily from Toronto to the U.S. and Caribbean via Boston (BOS)." https://www.jetblue.com/airline-partners/

Also found this on Porter's site saying both YTZ-BOS & TYZ-EWR are available for ticketing: https://www.flyporter.com/en/about-p...rtners/jetblue
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Probably bookable. Not necessarily by a JetBlue agent.

It can probably be issued as a single ticket which means a travel agent could assemble it. And, in theory, a JetBlue or Porter agent could, too, if their systems expose those flights to be booked. But the systems might not, even though the back-end is capable of handling it.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:21 pm

Wish Porter would fly n/s YHZ-BOS to connect to B6.

Would love to fly JetBlue to Boston and then connect. Flight connections from many cities in the U-S to Halifax are few, inconvenient, and expensive. Even as seasonal service, this could be a winner for both airlines.

As it is, even on Porter, you can't fly n/s from YTZ-YHZ. It's such a cool place, but such a pain in the rear to get there.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:46 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
agreed! They are very spoke/wheelie!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.