Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

"Opups" on B6 when regular Y oversold - how is it done?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi there -

So I am a B6 Mosaic newbie from the status match. I am looking forward to trying out B6 this week. I will be on eight flights and most of them are sold out in regular Y, but a lot of "even more space" available. I am guessing that they do the same things as UA and "oversell" regular Y.

My question is, if the GA needs to move someone to an EMS seat, will they call up Mosaic members or will they just assign the seats to people without a seat assignment?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Pretty sure it is still done by those without seat assignments, even with Mosaic in play.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
In my experience (100s of B6 flights) I have never once been upgraded/moved if I had checked into that flight /with a seat assignment/. I've been upgraded plenty of times by delaying the checkin time as late as possible so all the Y seats get taken, but never by something like a united op-up.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Hi -

Thank you for the promotion responses.

I thught I would try an experiment and un-select my seat assignment on some of my flights and see what happens.

Do you have any idea how to do that on the website? I can see where to select/change, but not to remove.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You cannot do it online; only by phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.