Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Boston Globe and Herald reports interline with Hainan and Iberia???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)

Hello all,

Two recent stories in Boston have Jetblue interlining with Hainan and Iberia.

Iberia makes sense since they are part of IAG with British Airways who is already interlining.

Hainan is completely logical as well. However, was this misinformation by the local media?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/...9uI/story.html

http://bostonherald.com/business/bus...igher_at_logan
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Negative. We heard about it in an internal company email yesterday. Both are correct.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:40 am
Suspended

Interlining is cute, code sharing is better, reciprocal mileage earning is best.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Negative. We heard about it in an internal company email yesterday. Both are correct.
Negative in a good way

Glad to see Hainan linking up with JetBlue and hopefull it becomes codeshare and offers reciprocal frequent flier benefits in the future.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have a felling more will come. We are JUST getting our feet wet and learning how codeshares and interlining work.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I have a felling more will come. We are JUST getting our feet wet and learning how codeshares and interlining work.
Thank you for being here, JetBlueFA. ^

If/as this reveals itself as a strategy, I hope JetBlue will run with it, including reciprocal mileage. And that British Airways will emerge as a principal part of it. Because I just can't see American having a continuing interest in mileage reciprocity with JetBlue as a feeder for BOS and JFK.

ETA: I do see the flaw in my reasoning. If the arrangement is of no interest to AA, why would it be of interest to BA?

Last edited by Firewind; Feb 25, 2014 at 4:15 am
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you for being here, JetBlueFA. ^

If/as this reveals itself as a strategy, I hope JetBlue will run with it, including reciprocal mileage. And that British Airways will emerge as a principal part of it. Because I just can't see American having a continuing interest in mileage reciprocity with JetBlue as a feeder for BOS and JFK.

ETA: I do see the flaw in my reasoning. If the arrangement is of no interest to AA, why would it be of interest to BA?
I do think a similar arrangement might be of interest to UA and such partners as LH, LX and OS, once these airlines are no longer in an alliance with US.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by JPG3392
I do think a similar arrangement might be of interest to UA and such partners as LH, LX and OS, once these airlines are no longer in an alliance with US.
Oh, I would love this, but Seth keeps saying that, basically, "never the twain shall meet," between JetBlue and Star, or at least UA, as far as that conversation has gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.