Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Is the Same Day Flight Change Fee Waived for Mosaic Members - Official or Unofficial

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the Same Day Flight Change Fee Waived for Mosaic Members - Official or Unofficial

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire

I was talking with someone at TrueBlue this week, and they said that Mosaic members do not have to pay change fees, cancellation fees, redeposit fees, or the same day change fee.

The waived change and cancellation fees are well documented in the Mosaic program description, but I'm curious if the same day flight change fee is waived also as a matter of official practice when Mosaic customers call the Mosaic service center?

I understand due to IT issues, Mosaic members have to call in, and cannot process the fee waived transactions on the web site. EG the web site will charge the member the standard fees.

Also how are the airports at waiving these fees for Mosaic members?

If the same day flight change fee waiver is not an official benefit, do Mosaic members find they get it waived as an unofficial perk or courtesy more than if they were not Mosaic?

That would be really great if the same day flight change fee were officially waived as a Mosaic benefit. It would put Mosaic's same day change options ahead of DL, AA, and US which have (DL, and US) gutted and watered down these benefits at least as far as the official rules.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Yes Same Day Change Fees Waived for Mosaic

I have now confirmed with 2 TrueBlue agents that the same day flight change fee is indeed waived for Mosaic members! This is the best news ever!

There is nothing that annoys me more than change fees!

I think this full benefit of waiving all change fees including same day fees really puts JetBlue Mosaic over programs like AA, DL, US, and UA in the customer experience department.

UA 1K may have a similar same day change fee benefit, but they do charge 1K's the change and cancel fee if they make changes outside of the same day confirmed travel window.

Also Delta & US Airways have at least officially watered down, gutted, enhanced, devalued, etc. their Same Day Confirmed & Move Up programs respectively for their elites!

This puts JetBlue in a position for Mosaic that I have to say is even better than Southwest, which while not having change fees, they don't officially WN allow same day changes for even their A List Preferred members!

Also if you look at the mentions of @southwestair & @JetBlue on Twitter, that is what are customers tweeting about each carrier, in my unscientific analysis, it seems like the predominance of tweets are more positive than say if you looked at @USAirways or @United

I would generally tell domestic non-elite flyers that Southwest and JetBlue have the best customer service and policies and procedures. EG some amount of free bags, JetBlue tv, Southwest & JB WiFI coming, JB snacks, and Southwest policy of not charging any customer (even a flyer who flys every 10 years) a change fee! Also these carriers tend to emphasize their brands & customer experience.

I would be curious on your comments on this, and if you agree that WN & B6 have the most favorable customer policies in the industry?

I would also be curious to hear an elevator pitch on why a nonelite flyer should choose say US Airways, or United?

I'm just so happy about the no change fee benefit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.