Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*RUMOR* New City

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If Delta gets their jimmies rustled by this move, they'll try to outprice JetBlue to get rid of them. This is why JetBlue does not serve Atlanta. Delta did just that back in 2003.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/trave...iveoct24_x.htm
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:05 am

Smile

Originally Posted by adambisi
I'm going with CVG - There's been rumors on that "other" forum.
Originally Posted by adambisi
CVG got Allegiant service instead. DTW is the smarter move - bigger market than CVG and B6 can transfer people to the IST/DXB flights plus other European destinations (especially KEF and DUB/SNN).
Looks like CVG is trying to get cheaper airfare to BOS...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...Z01/306180013/

So B6 could still fly into CVG, eventually....
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Yes, NK it was.
Why did they pull out? And why does B6 thinks it will work for them?
NK pulled-out of DTW-BOS back in 2008. NK reduced a number of flights/routes from DTW at that time as it built-up its growing base in FLL (part of the shift of its focus from DTW to FLL over the course of the 2000s). That NK pulled-out of the route really has nothing to do with JetBlue.

Really, I don't think you can compare anyone else to NK at this point (except for maybe F9). Their model is just so different than the rest.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by WhereTo
Looks like CVG is trying to get cheaper airfare to BOS...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...Z01/306180013/

So B6 could still fly into CVG, eventually....
Or CVG-FLL/MCO/TPA/RSW/LAX/SFO/AUS/SJU and DCA as well.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I still am not sure why service to CMH did not work. A large population area and a underserved airport. I wrote the airport director when the announcement was made about ending CMH service. He said they could not turn a profit on the JFK route but the would be related to what fare they charged.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by diburning
If Delta gets their jimmies rustled by this move, they'll try to outprice JetBlue to get rid of them. This is why JetBlue does not serve Atlanta. Delta did just that back in 2003.

I looked on March 5 for a same day turn DTW - BOS round trip on delta and it priced at $1k+. The following week, March 12, it priced at $187, price match to B6.

I have heard such great things about b6.

My excuse has always been that they don't fly to Detroit so there was no point... I might have to check them out.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by N830MH
Or CVG-FLL/MCO/TPA/RSW/LAX/SFO/AUS/SJU and DCA as well.
there is zero demand for some of those routes...and DCA is slot restricted. so no chance there.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I still am not sure why service to CMH did not work. A large population area and a underserved airport. I wrote the airport director when the announcement was made about ending CMH service. He said they could not turn a profit on the JFK route but the would be related to what fare they charged.
I think if BOS-DTW works, B6 can start:

BOS-CLE
BOS-CMH
BOS-CVG
BOS-IND
BOS-MSP

A few routes might be challenging with Southwest and maybe another carrier, where Southwest already sells low fares including:

BOS-ATL
BOS-MKE
BOS-BNA
BOS-STL
BOS-MCI

I think B6 can wrest for BOS-MKE and Southwest will concede and drop it.

Southwest is erratic though. Some months, it offers early morning service out of BOS. Other months, it runs the flights somewhat late, and I find it hard to believe they get the Boston based business pax with inconsistent sometimes afternoon first departure scheduling on the BOS routes, it has exclusive.

BOS-ATL is the key most desired route. It will be a low fare war with Delta, Southwest and JetBlue likely all selling seats for under $100 one-way and a lot of capacity.

Last edited by rtalk25; Oct 24, 2013 at 8:06 pm
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
The only downside to service at DTW is that most carriers (other than Delta) have to use the North terminal; while it's new (and closer to the rental car facilities), it is nowhere near as luxe as the McNamara. Nor is there any decent transportation aside from shuttle busses between the two. If you're using the Westin Hotel, it's in the McNamara as well.

If Spirit can carve out a niche there, why can't anyone else? Seems that they conflict with Delta's routes. When I lived in Ft Lauderdale and had to commute to Detroit, often (then Northwest's) fares were double or triple those of Spirit.

Anyhow, good luck to JetBlue in Detroit, and I certainly hope they can thrive and expand.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by rrz518
The only downside to service at DTW is that most carriers (other than Delta) have to use the North terminal; while it's new (and closer to the rental car facilities), it is nowhere near as luxe as the McNamara. Nor is there any decent transportation aside from shuttle busses between the two. If you're using the Westin Hotel, it's in the McNamara as well.

If Spirit can carve out a niche there, why can't anyone else? Seems that they conflict with Delta's routes. When I lived in Ft Lauderdale and had to commute to Detroit, often (then Northwest's) fares were double or triple those of Spirit.

Anyhow, good luck to JetBlue in Detroit, and I certainly hope they can thrive and expand.
It seems that Delta doesn't match Spirit's fares on routes like DTW-LGA or DTW-FLL. I think it's like the local Hilton that doesn't think the Motel 6 across the street is worthy of being considered as competition. The same probably wouldn't be true if Southwest or JetBlue flew a route and put itself in the middle with Delta and Spirit. It becomes a different game altogether.

In DTW, maybe that's why Southwest chose to fly FL's Florida routes out of FNT instead of expansion out of DTW. Pax from areas like Ann Arbor can choose easy drive and park at FNT vs. DTW.

US though is matching Spirit (advance purchase fares) in PHL for routes to DFW, LAS and MYR. US added MYR service, and I think it led to Spirit deciding to make PHL-MYR seasonal.

Last edited by rtalk25; Nov 5, 2013 at 8:49 am
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
And Delta strikes back:

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=2174

New daily service to Jacksonville, Fla. and Richmond, Va., operated by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air using 76-seat, two-class CRJ-900s, effective March 3, 2014 and March 6, 2014
New service to Las Vegas with three flights per week operating a Boeing 737-800, effective March 6, 2014
Expanding service to Los Angeles with one additional flight for a total of two daily operating a Boeing 737-800, effective April 7, 2014
New Saturday-only summer seasonal service to Nassau, Bahamas, operated by Delta Connection carrier Shuttle America using 76-seat, two-class E-175s as well as the Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands using an Airbus 320, effective March 8, 2014
Extended service to Cancun, previously scheduled to end April 26, 2014, now ending Aug. 30, 2013

Last edited by adambisi; Nov 13, 2013 at 10:42 am Reason: minor typo
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Very surprised to see Delta starting BOS-RIC. That will be a 3-way battle come March (B6 has 3 daily nonstops and US Airways has 2 daily nonstops). Only 585 passengers per day each way per the latest DOT report.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If anyone is interested... Endeavor Air is the new name of Pinnacle Airlines.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by diburning

Rumor has it that B6 is planning to head back to ATL. I wonder how their jimmies will be then LOL
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by WhereTo
Rumor has it that B6 is planning to head back to ATL. I wonder how their jimmies will be then LOL
Do you have a source of this? I didn't hear anything. I bet they will have reconsider again. I think they will start ATL-MCO/FLL/BOS/LAX, but no JFK. JFK is a slot controlled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.