Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue & Emirates Expanded Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US SP, JetBlue Mosaic, AMEX Plat

Announced today:
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....443&highlight=

My question is this paragraph:
"Members of Skywards, the Emirates reward program, can earn miles on JetBlue-operated flights and also redeem miles for flights to any of JetBlue's 77 destinations (and counting) throughout the Americas. Similarly, members of JetBlue's TrueBlue loyalty program can earn points for Emirates-operated flights worldwide."

It does not mention JetBlue point redemption for Emirates flights.

I find that interesting because if anything, JetBlue uses a revenue based point accrual vs. traditional airline miles.

To me, it would be advantageous to offer TrueBlue point based redepmtions based on Emirates fares --- rather than letting people on other carriers redeem miles for Business/First on Emirates that they may have accrued at some ridiculous rate like $0.2 cpm.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by MPScan
Announced today:
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....443&highlight=

My question is this paragraph:
"Members of Skywards, the Emirates reward program, can earn miles on JetBlue-operated flights and also redeem miles for flights to any of JetBlue's 77 destinations (and counting) throughout the Americas. Similarly, members of JetBlue's TrueBlue loyalty program can earn points for Emirates-operated flights worldwide."

It does not mention JetBlue point redemption for Emirates flights.

I find that interesting because if anything, JetBlue uses a revenue based point accrual vs. traditional airline miles.

To me, it would be advantageous to offer TrueBlue point based redepmtions based on Emirates fares --- rather than letting people on other carriers redeem miles for Business/First on Emirates that they may have accrued at some ridiculous rate like $0.2 cpm.

You can earn and burn on JetBlue in Emirates Skywards program but you can only earn on Emirates with TrueBlue. I don't know if that is going to change anytime soon. Emirates may be the party holding this up since they may not want to give a JetBlue flyer who has hoarded points and has never flown Emirates a suite on a JFK-DXB flight.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by adambisi
You can earn and burn on JetBlue in Emirates Skywards program but you can only earn on Emirates with TrueBlue. I don't know if that is going to change anytime soon. Emirates may be the party holding this up since they may not want to give a JetBlue flyer who has hoarded points and has never flown Emirates a suite on a JFK-DXB flight.
You can redeem Alaska Miles for an award on Emirates. Even if you never set foot on an Emirates plane before.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Would probably just be quickest and easier to allow moving points/miles from one program to the other. I would much rather have my EK miles transferred directly to jetBlue to claim an award any time I wanted than be told by EK that jetBlue has no award seats from California to NYC for the whole summer.

I doubt there are very many True Blue members that have 100,000s of True Blue points that would be need to claim an award on Emirates from the US. Being able to transfer points from True Blue to top up a Skywards account may be useful to some.

I have found that being based in California means that EK miles are useless to me as it is impossible to redeem them for anything useful--even with well over 100,000 miles accumulated.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Would probably just be quickest and easier to allow moving points/miles from one program to the other. I would much rather have my EK miles transferred directly to jetBlue to claim an award any time I wanted than be told by EK that jetBlue has no award seats from California to NYC for the whole summer.

I doubt there are very many True Blue members that have 100,000s of True Blue points that would be need to claim an award on Emirates from the US. Being able to transfer points from True Blue to top up a Skywards account may be useful to some.

I have found that being based in California means that EK miles are useless to me as it is impossible to redeem them for anything useful--even with well over 100,000 miles accumulated.
Perhaps you should make use of the CC forum @:-)
Old May 14, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
You can redeem Alaska Miles for an award on Emirates. Even if you never set foot on an Emirates plane before.

True but how much is Emirates releasing???Will this be like Singapore Air hiding most business and first away from other Star Alliance frequent flier programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.