Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Blue landing in Scranton, PA

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Jet Blue landing in Scranton, PA

As I drove by the airport, I saw a Jet Blue Airbus coming in to land around 10:15 am, yesterday. I am curious as to the reason since JB does not fly into or out of AVP on a regular basis.
I checked Flightaware, and says the flight was diverted. I could not get any more information than that. A google search also came up empty.
Any information on this? Anybody on FT on that flight?
Thanks in advance.
Old May 9, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
It was most likely a diversion from JFK. Around that time a line of storms came through NYC and a lightning strike took out the ILS for 4R. We held over BDL for about an hour and almost diverted ourselves but at the last second the started to try the arrivals w/o the ILS. Visibility was JUST above minimums and we made it in along with a Delta 320 before it dropped again causing more to divert. Most of the European heavies went to EWR think. We were the only ones in our holding pattern not to divert but we were about 30 seconds away from heading down to BDL.
Old May 10, 2013, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Thank you replying. That was it probably.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
NYC has had a difficult time these past couple of days with that Low pressure cut off and dumping all that rain on the city. It has messed up quite a lot of travel plans. We were quite fortunate and only encountered the hold and 2 45 minute taxi delays. We flew Flt 607 in from PWM and as you can see Jetblue 607 PWM JFK we made quite a few turns in the sky that day. The 2 pilots did an excellent job keeping everybody updated and in the loop as to what was going on as well as shoot a difficult approach into JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.