Search

Baggage Allowance on Economy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer

Hi there,

I will be attending the University of Illinois come Jan 2013 and will be flying from SIN to JFK on Singapore Airlines, then JFK to ORD on JetBlue.

I would like to clarify JetBlue's (or on other inter-state flights) baggage allowance on economy flights and the following surcharge on overweight items. This is because I'm allowed 2x23kg check-ins for long-haul flights on SQ and am likely to pack full to the brim in preparation for college life.

Thank you for the advice.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:53 pm

Since these are on two separate tickets , on the SQ you will be allowed the international allowance and on B6 the domestic one .
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer
Just found the answer on the Jet Blue site, silly me.
The allowance is one bag of 50 pounds maximum and $40 for an additional one.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:48 am

You can always ask the SQ people to tag your bags all the way to ORD. Then, when in JFK just go to T5 and leave your already tagged bags in the belt.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:05 pm

If you are on a single ticket then you will get the SQ baggage allowance. You can recheck your bags in T4 after clearing customs/immigration. The recheck desk is directly outside the customs hall on the left.
JetBlue interline link

If you are on separate tickets then you can not use the T4 desk and will not get the increased baggage allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.