Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jet Blue Amex - 20K points/$1000 min spend/fee waived first year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Blue Amex - 20K points/$1000 min spend/fee waived first year

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by gk17
That card is definitely worth the $40 annual fee to keep your points from expiring. I guess you can make that 42K points once you hit the min. spend Luckily jetBlue flies out to a lot of cities from NYC so I shouldn't have any problems keeping the points from expiring.

Deciding whether I should get it myself. Been flying them often for my current contract but debating if the few extra points are really worth it compared to the CSP UR points.
How are you getting 42K points? The best offer I see gives 20K bonus, which added to the min. spend makes 21K. [Are you churning and doing it twice?]
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by gm9928
So, with the JetBlue AMEX, you can earn 2X points on "JetBlue flights, purchases at restaurants and movie theaters, purchases of gym memberships, tickets for sporting events or performing arts events sold by the event venue, theater, or authorized agent, and greens fees at golf courses."

If I'm reading my bill correctly (and I think I am), I also received double points on an Amazon Payments charge! Something in the coding, I guess, makes it gives 2X points for that!

Good to know!
I think this is no longer true. As I read the current terms, it's only JetBlue purchases that get 2X points.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
B6 amex changes

Originally Posted by gm9928
So, with the JetBlue AMEX, you can earn 2X points on "JetBlue flights, purchases at restaurants and movie theaters, purchases of gym memberships, tickets for sporting events or performing arts events sold by the event venue, theater, or authorized agent, and greens fees at golf courses."

If I'm reading my bill correctly (and I think I am), I also received double points on an Amazon Payments charge! Something in the coding, I guess, makes it gives 2X points for that!

Good to know!
That is going away as of 1/31 . You still get double on Jetblue charges as well as a credit on the buy on board items.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
@bgm - how do you know it's going away 1/31?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
b6 amex change

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
@bgm - how do you know it's going away 1/31?
They sent me email (or snail mail) about the change.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Drummer
How are you getting 42K points? The best offer I see gives 20K bonus, which added to the min. spend makes 21K. [Are you churning and doing it twice?]
Sorry for the confusion. Ayers mentioned having 22K points and wanted to keep them from expiring. So with the bonus 20K points (plus whatever points they earned from spending on the card), it would make 42K+ points.

In terms of churning it, I think you need to close it for 12 months before being able to apply for the bonus again.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:54 am

Link still works. Anyone know if this promo is still active? I have a bunch of TrueBlue points I am trying to extend and this seems to be the best way to save them.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: aa
While alot of people were saying that this wasnt a good promo i think its great i picked it up for 10k last year but it might be time to try for this 20k.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by amexman
Link still works. Anyone know if this promo is still active? I have a bunch of TrueBlue points I am trying to extend and this seems to be the best way to save them.
Link should be good. You can always go to the main JetBlue website and see the 20K offer there.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I had this card but closed it in December 2012. Am I correct in understanding that if I apply for the card again now to get the 20K points, I will not get the points because I have to wait 12 months?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I had this card but closed it in December 2012. Am I correct in understanding that if I apply for the card again now to get the 20K points, I will not get the points because I have to wait 12 months?
I got this card only once (and used the points on a ticket Albuquerque - yay!). But I've had the Delta Amex three times now.I had a 2 year gap between the last two applications, and got the bonus both times. I think you can't get the bonus twice in the same 12-month period. I'm curious because I'd like to reapply eventually myself.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:44 pm

FWIW, I've found that while it's not strictly points per dollar, they do ballpark it, and so it usually takes about 70 points per dollar of normal airfare. Thus, this card is good for closer to $300. Not bad. Nothing like the Chase/Southwest credit card offers, or Capital One offers, though.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tapakip
FWIW, I've found that while it's not strictly points per dollar, they do ballpark it, and so it usually takes about 70 points per dollar of normal airfare. Thus, this card is good for closer to $300. Not bad. Nothing like the Chase/Southwest credit card offers, or Capital One offers, though.
I got a $300 ticket to ABQ. I agree, it's not as fabulous as some other offers, but the min spend is easy, and it gets me access to some routes that only JB flies. It was a nice way to round out my last churn.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:25 pm

Didn't meet spend

Guys

I somehow forgot about completing the $1000 spend on the card and am at my 103rd day from the application date. The spend was supposed to be met in 92 days

What are the chances that they'll still do the credit if I meet the spend in the next 24 hours?

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:46 am

Anybody?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.