Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus moving in to T5, easing interline connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Aer Lingus will be moving in to T5 in Q1 2013, easing interline connections between the Irish carrier and JetBlue. This also reduces the MCT for passenger to 60 minutes inbound to the USA and only 40 minutes outbound to Ireland. Good for the EI passengers on pretty much every level other than walk distance from baggage claim to the AirTrain.

More here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...-into-jfks-t5/
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....623&highlight=
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Nice and handy for connections when per-cleared. I wonder will they build a lounge?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ardboe
Nice and handy for connections when per-cleared. I wonder will they build a lounge?
No, there is no lounges at entire T5. Only where they have a lounge in DUB & SNN.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Rumor is that we are also trying to get Aer Lingus into Terminal C in Boston to make for easier connections as well and that is why we built an international check-in desk in the lobby. MassPort seems to be the only hold up according to officials in Boston
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Rumor is that we are also trying to get Aer Lingus into Terminal C in Boston to make for easier connections as well and that is why we built an international check-in desk in the lobby. MassPort seems to be the only hold up according to officials in Boston
And ORD as well. I am not quite sure when they will relocated to T2. They don't have go through at security again. I think EI will be in entire concourse B or C.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, there is no lounges at entire T5. Only where they have a lounge in DUB & SNN.
Aware there are none in T5. With EI's J loads doing OK and NYC being it's main US destination it would be a miss if there isn't one.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ardboe
Aware there are none in T5. With EI's J loads doing OK and NYC being it's main US destination it would be a miss if there isn't one.
It is a miss, I suppose, but I doubt it is a big one. They could give all the J passengers a $20 voucher for any of the restaurants and the passengers would get better value than the other lounge options, I'd say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.