Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

JetBlue | TrueBlue

Aer Lingus moving in to T5, easing interline connections

Aer Lingus moving in to T5, easing interline connections

Old Jul 9, 12, 7:50 am
  #1  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,211
Aer Lingus moving in to T5, easing interline connections

Aer Lingus will be moving in to T5 in Q1 2013, easing interline connections between the Irish carrier and JetBlue. This also reduces the MCT for passenger to 60 minutes inbound to the USA and only 40 minutes outbound to Ireland. Good for the EI passengers on pretty much every level other than walk distance from baggage claim to the AirTrain.

More here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...-into-jfks-t5/
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....623&highlight=
sbm12 is offline  
Old Jul 9, 12, 10:26 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: County Tyrone
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,482
Nice and handy for connections when per-cleared. I wonder will they build a lounge?
ardboe is offline  
Old Jul 9, 12, 10:54 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Posts: 37,622
Originally Posted by ardboe View Post
Nice and handy for connections when per-cleared. I wonder will they build a lounge?
No, there is no lounges at entire T5. Only where they have a lounge in DUB & SNN.
N830MH is offline  
Old Jul 9, 12, 11:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 2,164
Rumor is that we are also trying to get Aer Lingus into Terminal C in Boston to make for easier connections as well and that is why we built an international check-in desk in the lobby. MassPort seems to be the only hold up according to officials in Boston
JetBlueFA is offline  
Old Jul 9, 12, 11:48 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Posts: 37,622
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA View Post
Rumor is that we are also trying to get Aer Lingus into Terminal C in Boston to make for easier connections as well and that is why we built an international check-in desk in the lobby. MassPort seems to be the only hold up according to officials in Boston
And ORD as well. I am not quite sure when they will relocated to T2. They don't have go through at security again. I think EI will be in entire concourse B or C.
N830MH is offline  
Old Jul 9, 12, 11:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: County Tyrone
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,482
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
No, there is no lounges at entire T5. Only where they have a lounge in DUB & SNN.
Aware there are none in T5. With EI's J loads doing OK and NYC being it's main US destination it would be a miss if there isn't one.
ardboe is offline  
Old Jul 9, 12, 2:50 pm
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,211
Originally Posted by ardboe View Post
Aware there are none in T5. With EI's J loads doing OK and NYC being it's main US destination it would be a miss if there isn't one.
It is a miss, I suppose, but I doubt it is a big one. They could give all the J passengers a $20 voucher for any of the restaurants and the passengers would get better value than the other lounge options, I'd say.
sbm12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread