Wiki Posts
Search

"Mystery sale" e-mail

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:35 am
NLS
Original Poster

"Mystery sale" e-mail

I got an email today offering a code valid for a "mystery amount" ranging from $20 to $500 off a roundtrip flight. Purchase deadline is tomorrow night, flight must take place before mid-June. The discount amount appeared after you searched for a specific pair of flights. I checked a few different flights (in various price ranges and city-combos) I was thinking of buying and I kept getting $50 off.

A friend who hasn't flown in a few years didn't get one, so perhaps this is targeted. I ended up saving a very nice percentage off the short-haul flight I used the code for.

Curious if anyone found their code resulted in a larger or smaller savings.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:57 pm

Just got my code, which apparently is for $75. If I can't make good use of it, I'll tell you guys so someone can actually use it.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I actually booked a r/t SEA-JFK and got $250 off! The total r/t came out to just $145.85 after taxes and fees, which is the lowest price I have ever paid on the route. To make this even sweeter, I was looking at fares last night and the base fares were much higher last night compared to this morning when I got the email and decided to check again. My flights are for Memorial Day weekend (SUN-TUES).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.