Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with SQ-JB interline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Need help with SQ-JB interline

Hi! I am new to FT and need some help...

I will be traveling SIN-JFK on SQ, and my final destination is to MCO. I am thinking of flying Jetblue, since I've flown them once before and felt they were great.

I did read somewhere on FT about an interline agreement between SQ and JB - what is this exactly? I understand it's something about booking flights together and having baggage routed right through from SIN-MCO, but how do I do this? I checked the SQ website, and when I tried to input SIN-MCO directly, all I got were routes on Virgin or Delta.

I know SQ and JB are in different terminals at JFK, and the last time I had to haul all my bags from one terminal to another, but I will be traveling with my younger sister this time around so I'd prefer to have minimal baggage to carry if possible. Will SQ be able to route my bags directly to MCO, even if I buy them on separate tickets?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The interline agreement means that you can book SIN-MCO via JFK as a single ticket and they will tag your bags all the way through at SIN. It also provides you protection in case your SIN-FRA-JFK flight is delayed and you miss the onward connection JFK-MCO.

You would still need to collect your bags and drop them back at the re-check facility after clearing customs but with them tagged you can do that in T4 rather than schlepping them to T5.

If you buy the flights on separate tickets then they likely won't tag the bags through and you'll have to move them yourself.

All that said, I also am not seeing the JetBlue connections showing up when searching the SQ site. I'm not sure if MCO isn't part of the agreement or if there is something else going on there.
Old May 9, 2012, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help, sbm12.

I called SQ yesterday, and inquired about this, and apparently there is no interline agreement between Jetblue and SQ. I was told that the only non-Star Alliance interline agreement SQ had was with Virgin.

So either CS guy didn't know what he was talking about, didn't know what I was talking about, or I'm just gonna have schlep it across terminals.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Read this: http://www.eturbonews.com/26984/jetb...line-agreement

It states in relevant part: "Through this partnership, customers will now be able to book a single combined ticket for JetBlue and Singapore Airlines-operated flights with one stop check-in and baggage transfer between the two airlines."

Sounds like the baggage should in theory be transferred automatically. Whether you will actually find a B6 baggage recheck desk at terminal 4 when you exit customs is a different question to which I do not have an answer. [And whether your bag will necessarily make it from the B6 terminal (T5) to T4 on your return is also a different question.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.