Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue's IAD-LGB flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

JetBlue's IAD-LGB flight

Does this daily flight have more pax supporting it from the LA side, or the DC side, or almost equally both? Just wondering.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by rtalk25
Does this daily flight have more pax supporting it from the LA side, or the DC side, or almost equally both? Just wondering.
Flight was pretty light the last time I flew this route. I had a whole row to myself. I'm not sure how many people from the WAS area knows that Jetblue can connect them to the west coast from IAD and to other west coast destinations.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I took it last Monday and the flight was full. There were several Washington based people connecting on to LAS. I connected to return to SFO. I flew through BOS to go to DCA on the outbound which I prefer. On the way back, it is less flying going through LGB and the two hour wait outside in the sun at LGB was nice. It seemed pretty evenly split with WAS and LA based passengers--at least from those I overhead asking are you going home or leaving? Perhaps once the DCA build up occurs in a few months, there will be more people flying B6 in the DC area that will look to see where else they fly.

From LGB, B6 is the largest carrier by far and those going non-stop from IAD to LGB only have one choice so the passengers originating in LGB probably outnumber DC based passengers for now.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:46 pm

It is difficult to say about LGB-IAD. B6 used to have four daily flights each direction but they are down to one. VX operates LAX-IAD and often has lower fares. UA has hubs at LAX and IAD so it is a tough market.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AADC10
It is difficult to say about LGB-IAD. B6 used to have four daily flights each direction but they are down to one. VX operates LAX-IAD and often has lower fares. UA has hubs at LAX and IAD so it is a tough market.
Yes, it will get more tougher competition against UA, AA, VX. There is no way to increased more flights from IAD. I believe they will swap for DCA-LAX or LGB or if they swap for IAD-LAX.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA1K
unless the DOT adds more beyond perimeter slots, B6 will not get DCA-LGB.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90
unless the DOT adds more beyond perimeter slots, B6 will not get DCA-LGB.
There is a move to increase the number of beyond perimeter slots gradually to break up US' dominance so it is possible in the next few years. However, since AS operates DCA-LAX, DCA-LGB would be low priority.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by AADC10
There is a move to increase the number of beyond perimeter slots gradually to break up US' dominance so it is possible in the next few years. However, since AS operates DCA-LAX, DCA-LGB would be low priority.
i wouldn't say it's to break up US' dominance.

also, i don't think the A320 has the range due to DCA's short runway to make it to LGB. and AA is starting DCA-LAX so there is demand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.