Wiki Posts
Search

Neeleman biopic

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Neeleman biopic

Just saw a very nice biopic on Bloomberg TV about David Neeleman. Seems he is a likeable person. I didn't know he founded Morris Air and briefly worked for Southwest, as well as Westjet.
Pretty amazing he started three airlines that all became very successful. Almost like an impossible feat considering the economics of aviation.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Great piece. 4 airlines...Azul in Brazil.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: United 1K
Do you know where I can find the video of Neeleman?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by jaguar
Do you know where I can find the video of Neeleman?
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/72535922/
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA,UA,CX
Neeleman

I would go as far as to say he is great. I am reading a book and there is short story about him. Apparently when Morris Air was acquired, he worked with Southwest for a bit and for some reasons he was fired by the Head of Human Resources. A few years later, Me Neeleman hired for B6 the same person who let him go.
I do not know if it is a legend, but he did not receive any compensation at B6, he donated to the EMPLOYEE EMERGENCY FUND.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Thanks for sharing the video and I can listening him on video and he have a entire family and he work for another airliens. He went to Hawaii for a vacation trip.

Originally Posted by zagorsky
I would go as far as to say he is great. I am reading a book and there is short story about him. Apparently when Morris Air was acquired, he worked with Southwest for a bit and for some reasons he was fired by the Head of Human Resources. A few years later, Me Neeleman hired for B6 the same person who let him go.
I do not know if it is a legend, but he did not receive any compensation at B6, he donated to the EMPLOYEE EMERGENCY FUND.
Wow...Very interesting story. I am never heard of it. Why David got fired from WN? What is reason why that he doesn't do it too well at all. Remember David was fired from JetBlue back in late-2007.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: AA,UA,CX
Neeleman

It does not say, just he was complaining too much. Still, a great lesson. The original title is GOOD BOSS, BAD BOSS. I am reading he italian version and it is full of great stories and morals. I hope he does well in Brazil.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Just saw a very nice biopic on Bloomberg TV about David Neeleman. Seems he is a likeable person. I didn't know he founded Morris Air and briefly worked for Southwest, as well as Westjet.
Pretty amazing he started three airlines that all became very successful. Almost like an impossible feat considering the economics of aviation.
Never met but saw him speak at Stanford University and perhaps in other interviews and saw multiple articles about him, and yes, have flown his airline and have even seen the Corporate HQ building. He was born in Latin America.

The business model has done quite well and I still remember when it was a new airline just off the ground. Since then it has expanded, gotten additional slots at airports and is even moving their corporate HQ over.

It was the first non legacy carrier to win accolades in its business model and to reduce costs of travel flying to the NYC market. Also had a lot of Salt Lake City, Utah roots.

After the American Airlines bankruptcy is finalized, and after Republic Airlines spins off Frontier, all the airlines should be at profitability for the most part.

So in essense, deregulation of the airline industry has officially worked out and should be at full blast with the best yet to come in the coming years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.