Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Change in GO bonuses; good and bad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

The good news is that they are shifting to a calendar year for tracking the Go Big and Go Long bonuses. The bad news is that they do not appear to be offering any consideration for customers who are currently accruing under the old rolling calendar scheme. Sure would be nice of them to honor the original earning rates in parallel, even if it costs them a few extra points in the near term; that's the sort of customer-focused action they've built a reputation on.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:47 am

Not terribly happy about this. My current "year" started in last July. Hitting the reset button Jan. 1 is not doing me any favors right now. This is seriously going to hurt my earnings over the next six months.

I'll probably send them an email, suggesting that they do the transition a little more gracefully. I realize that making this change is within their rights and is probably a good idea moving forward, but it's not a very nice Christmas present for me.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:56 am

Angry This is ridiculous

They portray the change as an attempt to make your points easier to track, but it is primarily a way to reset the earnings clock every January 1 and bring us back to a zero balance for the GO bonuses. I fly them all the time, so I constantly have the 12,000 minimum miles over a rolling 12 month period. Now, starting this January 1, I have to wait to earn GO bonuses until I fly 12,000 miles AGAIN. If they are attempting to keep frequent flyers happy by the change, they are totally misguided. I will now be reevaluating my JetBlue allegiance.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:26 pm

Yup. This makes it much easier for me to switch to AA. I'm probably going to stick with B6, but I now need to give this decision some more thought.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 2:04 pm

Looks like JetBlue will do something for existing customers

I doubt we'll receive "full" compensation, but I do appreciate that JetBlue is not letting their customers hang out to dry.

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for contacting JetBlue Airways regarding the changes coming to our Go Big and Go Long bonus program in 2012. We appreciate your email and this opportunity to respond.

We truly regret to hear your disappointment in the changes coming to our Go Big and Go Long bonus programs. These changes are a result of listening to the feedback we have received from our customers on this program. TrueBlue members wanted the calculating of these bonuses to be simplified.

We sincerely appreciate your candid remarks they are extremely important to us, Mr. XXX, We thank you for sharing your feedback. We have forwarded your comments to our TrueBlue leadership teams for their careful consideration. Our commitment to you, is that we will use this information to improve the overall JetBlue experience for all of our TrueBlue members.

We will be evaluating TrueBlue accounts over the next several weeks and we will be issuing some bonus points to customers who are close to meeting their Go Big or Go Long requirements, but may not have to opportunity to meet the requirements due to these changes. Please watch your email and TrueBlue account for information regarding these bonus points. If you do not hear from us within the next 30 days please contact us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). One of our friendly crewmembers will be happy to evaluate your account to see if you meet the criteria.

We thank you for choosing JetBlue to serve your travel needs. We look forward to many future opportunities to welcome you, once again, onboard JetBlue!

Sincerely,

Sam
TrueBlue Customer Service Crew
JetBlue Airways
Crewmember 97951
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JCK75
I doubt we'll receive "full" compensation, but I do appreciate that JetBlue is not letting their customers hang out to dry.
I heard a similar story - that they will recognize folks who are close or trending - from an insider yesterday as well so that makes sense. I think they could have done better by tracking both and by advertising that they're doing the right thing rather than doing it behind the scenes and only for some folks, but it is better than nothing.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL-Plat,Marriott-Plat, HH-D, Hyatt-Plat,
Not sure about everyone else

but they deposited 8,000 point in my account.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I got a bonus 10.000 points added to my account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.